Anyone recommend a dealer which will A: sell a uninstalled system for an excavator (we install it-this isn't rocket science-read thru the Groeneveld manual) B: Not screw us on price. First couple of quotes installed were $8700-11,000. Neither willing to sell uninstalled systems. Nearby mechanic of a larger fleet here in Ohio thought they were paying $4-5K + $100/fitting installed from the same dealer.
Beka-Max very similar to Groenveld. They offer universal kits. I'm not pushing their product, just offering an option. https://beka-lube.com/beka-max/beka-max-distributors/ https://www.groeneveld-lubrication-solutions.com/en/dealer_search/ I show a couple dealers in ohio for Groeneveld. One is a truck shop.
To the OP. Put yourself in their position. They sell an uninstalled system but then when something goes wrong with it it's their fault. Just trying to play Devil's Advocate here. The excavator you're looking at installing the system. Not a Cat by any chance..?
This is for a JD 380G. Dealer could add a Lincoln for big $$$(similar to Groeneveld). Neighboring mechanic says they have poor support from Lincoln(no information is divulged-they can send a tech out for a price). In my opinion(based on the fact I sell and install tire inflation systems-something different), these companies charge a high price just because they can. Tireboss out of Edmonton and PTG out of Germany are exactly this way. Their excuse is, everything in their systems is proprietory. Tireboss got themselves in trouble as some of their installers were caught in the middle between customers and manufacturer, they came up with their own competing system, a copy/improved version of Tireboss for a lower price. We have two Groeneveld systems on haul trucks and like them.
Cat use both Groneveld and Lincoln depending on the product line. I’ve never had any trouble getting technical info on either make. Groneveld info is well-covered on SIS, For Lincoln I just call their number (St Louis.?) and they will email whatever data I ask for.
Company I used to work for got the Lincoln auto-greasers for under $6k and we installed them ourselves.
There's a company out here in Houston called QPC. I see their stuff everywhere, and their installs look rock solid. I think they sell kits.