Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grooming the MX track

pafarmer ยท 2016-04-22 19:15

Gave my boys one of my old loaders so they and their buddies can start grooming the track on their own, Well after a day in the dirt I found all the boys riding and shredding as they say and my old loader on its lid waiting for dad to come home and save it from its turtle like misfortune...this is great stuff if your a dad with a tribe of teenage rebels....All great kids by the way...just not the sharpest knifes in the draw on any given day... Farmer

Replies10
  1. #1Desertwheeler2016-04-22 19:20

    Pictures or it didn't happen! Haha that sounds like they were having to much fun in the wrong machine! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2pafarmer2016-04-22 19:42

    You can't see the picture Wheeler ? I can see it...

  3. #3lantraxco2016-04-22 20:22

    Funny as hell, knowing boys, I'm damn glad that one or more weren't under it when it landed. ops

  4. #4HRPServicesTX2016-04-22 21:27

    That's a bummer, everything start back up just fine when you uprighted it? Glad no one was hurt.

  5. #5Todd v.2016-04-22 21:41

    Ouch, glad no one is hurt. Hopefully they got her shut down quickly.

  6. #6Desertwheeler2016-04-22 21:54

    I see it now. Looks like not enough speed haha! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7td25c2016-04-22 22:28
  8. #8pafarmer2016-04-22 23:18

    It's one of my old units so no worries on the machine end of things. No one got hurt so I simply laughed it off, got it back upright for them and it will she there until morning and I'll fire her back up for another round. They told me they were trying to hit the 60 foot double with it and cased it....he he he..that's a terms only the MX here will follow...great machines for track building and maintenance....I build a real nice 10 miles GNCC style course loop with my 299 a few years back for us to practice on ....mulched my way around and then power raked it...Perfect course as an end result. I have built a couple dozen tracks over the years and find these CTL as a great all around tractor for building and maintaining these MX type tracks....just need the dozer for the initial clearing and. Dirt movement to where needed..

  9. #9Mark132016-04-23 22:08

    You're making me want to get my sport quad back out and give it a rip around the field!

  10. #10JNB2016-04-23 23:58

    Now THAT is priceless!