Hi everybody, I have already posted on here without knowing anything about "forum etiquette". My apologies if I seemed rude or appeared to be attempting to "hijack" a thread. I was so excited to see all this information and open sharing of ideas and stories that I just jumped right in. I started out laboring for my dad's general contracting company in Alaska when I was a young teen. I always loved the dirt phases of his jobs and never really took to the building part. I hired on with a local excavation company when I was 19 and went from laboring to operating over the next few years. I joined Local 302 in 1982 in Nome and worked with Kiewit Pacific on a couple jobs and ended up following them to Nevada and have yet to go back to Alaska. I ended up in Local 3 and traveled with Kiewit and Granite for a lot of years and worked for Independent in California for a few years. I now live near Newport, Washington and work part time for ACI Northwest and a few others. My hobbies include motocross, alpine ski racing and computer animation. I remember trying to learn as a youngster and how it seemed like the old timers seldom shared tips and techniques with me. So if I seem overly eager to share my thoughts that may have something to do with it! Scott
No replies yet.