I decided to have a good look at OTT. Grouser with soft shoe is available from my local Yanmar/Mustang dealer. Our work is mostly sand, some paving and ashphalt and occoisional rock. I have sand tyres fitted which have a road bias and I am unsure if these tracks will work well without going to a lug tyre. Can anybody help in this regard..and opinions on the Grouser product. Most of the OTT brands I see advertised in the States are not available here. http://www.grouser.com/products/tracks/bar.html
I had the grouser OTT before I got my Loegering VTS system. Grouser makes a good product. I don't think you would be happy with OTT with the tires you have. You need the lugs to keep the tire from spinning inside the tracks. You would end up ruining the tires as they would be slipping every time you made a turn.
Thanks Bob, That is what I am concerned about. The dealer has offered me a set off lug tyres very cheap so I may have to look at them. I really like the idea of the VTS but its a lot of money for us, and, we carry blocks a lot on pallet forks. Most of the people I speak to on tracked machines recommend sticking with tyres if thats what you are doing.
Did you get the grouser OTT tracks? How you like them?