Testa's Grove GMK 7550 completed a series of lifts this winter, when it was about 8 degrees outside, of two separate bridge spans. The set up the 7550 and did the first bridge, then broke the entire machine down and drove it to the second bridge, less than a mile away. They then installed the mega wing attachment and set up the crane again. Heavy snows over the next two weeks delayed the pick of the final bridge. Here is the video of that 2-3 day sequence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoBYIqHcTvU
Even more awesome then the first time I watched,:drinkup Great job.
Pretty cool Steve ! I was near that job on Tuesday night in the city. Will you be traveling to Middletown, New York to see the beast reach and pick those bridge beams ? Friend of mine from the race team works for the town up there and told me it was at the job and set-up already.
No, I won't be there. These days I am only shooting unique projects for Testa. Only so many times you can shoot the 7550 lifting beams off a bridge span. Unless there is something unusual about the setting or the size of the pick they won't call me out to shoot it.
Gotcha. I thought you were able to pick and choose what jobs for them. That's pretty cool that they call you out, that way you know you aint' missin' the good stuff !