Hello from Portland Ore. I recently purchased 1998 Grove AMZ50, 2WD, Kubota engine 'aerial work platform' HE manlift for a personal building project. The unit is clean, fully functional, and reports 1800 hours of use. Of course, I hate that I currently do not have access to parts or service manuals... Outside of this form (which I have found the best and greatest, thank you!) sounds like Minnpar is the most likely source for Grove support these days. Problem: Riser hydraulic action is jerky and jumpy. Solution so far: Check hydraulic system for air/water content, look for clogged screens, change filters regularly. Help?: Is this really a problem for the AMZ50? Should the riser action be just as smooth like all other hydraulic operations? Overview of hydraulic system maintenance and troubleshooting: http://grounds-mag.com/well_grounded/2002_hydraulic/ http://www.afsga.com/Hyd Trouble Shooting Guide.pdf Hydraulic Filters: LH4235? http://www.cronincommercial.ie/product/974235c-lh4235-hydraulic-filter/
Have you greased all of the grease fittings?
Hello and thank you GBH, Greasing: Actually I have not. Supposedly it was greased up before I got it. I now have some proper grease so will do that. Thanks for reminder.โ Hydraulic oil: I now have AW32 oil and new filter. Ready to change the oil (last serviced on 10/2010). But am a little hesitant to drop the oil just yet. I am concerned changing hyd oil is not just simply, draining tank and refilling. So am studying more and looking for procedures for Grove AMZ units. Tough to find anything.โ General manlift maintenance: I did find some good docs on manlifts that help educate on mobile machine maintenance and repair: JLG https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual...MRT/Service_3121108_04-19-13_ANSI_English.pdf Genie http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/data/Service/Z Booms/IO/32960.pdf โ
I have an AMZ40b and it is not jerky on the lift.
Regarding jerky hydraulics on riser, here is an update. I greased everything up, still jerky. Did not change hydraulic oil as I was not familiar with procedures in general and had no specifics on how to change the AMZ50 oil. Anyway, a while back I got stranded in the air when the riser would not go down. No one around that would understand how to operate the controls from the ground panel. Luckily I could rotate over to a second story deck and climb out. I opened the main unit control box and messed around with the up/down operations, noticing that led lights above relays came on when a particular operation was activated. The riser led was not operating. I pulled the relay below it and noticed it had a bent pin! Evidently the pin was making intermittent contact with the relay socket. I straightened the pin, reinserted relay, and the riser worked again. I also notice another relay on the panel, a different type, had a cracked plastic housing. I ordered up from Newark two sets of relays: G6B-2114P-1-US-DC12 Newark number: 67K9359 G6B-1114P-1-US-DC12 Newark number: 03C3388 I have not had any more problems with jerky hydraulics since. Thanks, Roger.
Dear Plumbing101Mike, I have a friend who also owns a Grove Manlift AMZ 40B and he has asked me to see if anyone here has a manual for it. Apparently there are electrical problems with it, so would need something with schematics. Do you have a manual that could be copied or a source to obtain one? Thanks!
I know this is an old post, but I am on a quest for something. I have a Grove AMZ50 lift and I believe that I am needing a relay for the lower control board. The Riser/Boom down function will not work, but will lower both boom and riser when the upper connection is jumped to another relay. I've been using the telescope out relay. Got me out of a pinch! I called my local Grove dealer and they indicated that they are only available as a complete new board. Does anyone have a source and PN for a replacement? I don't mind soldering it in. Thanks in advance!
As a follow up question, on the lower control board, I cannot figure out what the relay that is labeled APU is for? Grove AMZ50
From what little work I've done on one of those as I recall it stood for auxiliary power unit. The AMZ60 I worked on had a hydraulic drive generator installed the would power electric tools if necessary.