Have one of these little guys at work but the previous mechanic killed the gearshift solenoid. Basically a solenoid on the side of the transmission when you push a button to go into neutral. Previous mechanic killed it by wiring it on all the time. Can't find a replacement, our manual doesn't give a part number just the name and my local authorized Grove dealer is useless and won't even return calls. Any help pout there?
Those coils are only built to take momentary volatge.....so your mechanic screwed you there. Have you removed and cleaned the coil, looking for any make or numbers? There are many replacements coils out there if you want to do a match up, but you will need to know the voltage and measure the inner diameter and length you need. I have had to do this before and been successful.
No marks on the coil. Has a spot from a sticker that fell of who knows when but that's it. Unfortunately the boss gave the solenoid to the parts guy to match up and I doubt we'll ever see it again.
You can measure the stem the coil goes over and accomplish the same thing
Call Grove direct, or try a different dealer. I use Kirby Smith, and the St. Louis branch. They have always found me what I needed. Sometimes just getting the part # from them is enough, and if they don't have the part, you can go looking online for it. Grove can be kind of $$$ for parts, but if it saves you a lot of headache searching.....
Tried, they said they'll only work with a dealer. Won't even give me a part number. Do you have more information so I can contact Kirby Smith? I just need the part number I can usually find it or get someone on the trail.
https://www.kirby-smith.com/branches/view/9 You'll need your model and serial #. They can then pull up the schematic on their computer, and get a part #.
Thabks gave them a call, hopefully they find something.
This is the solenoid in question. How do I go about rebuilding it?