So, I am at a company that has a Grove RT 880e crane. When you go to scope out the boom it does not telescope, but only extends one section then stops..... I see no switches or controls for settings and can find nothing in the manual regarding telescoping the boom beyond the location of the pedal! Please point out the obvious the I can not send to find here! Thanks
Is it full power boom? Does it have A and B modes? What computer does it have?
Good chance the crane is in heavy lift mode. As I recall on grove heavy lift is T1 section only.
The rt880s don’t have a and b mode. That’s the 70’s and 90’s. the 80 has a valve that trips at the end of the base section. It’s on the operator side of the boom. The bracket that goes inside the boom is what trips the valve to feed the next section. It’s adjustable, move it towards the back of the crane 1/2” or so and see if it works.
Learn something new everyday. Sure enough it’s in the service manual.