Hey all, I'm looking at a Grove RT530DXL and The hoist stopped working for me. The controls are working properly because if I pull the controler I get hydraulic fluid at the pilot. Not sure where to turn from here. Thanks in advance!
You have a pressure gauge? I saw your other post. Did the crane work properly before the valve was resealed. Some of those have a pressure port on the hyd lines going to the winch to check the pressure going to the winch. Do the hydraulics load up or react at all when you hit the function or is it completely dead.
I do. I havent checked pressure yet. Excellent so you saw the pictures. Everything was working well before I replaced the O-Rings. No action at the Hoist.
Might want to recheck the O-rings you just replaced or a possible stuck control valve spool.
I appreciate that Crane Mechanic, I saw that I had broke the seating lip for the O-rings, by over tightening the Hoist Valve-Control back together.
Hoist problem resolved?
Not yet CraneMechanic. It's setting to the side for now but by the end of the week I should know something.
CraneMechanic, I had overtightened the sections and it was not allowing the spool to move in the valve. Strangle enough, anything tight enough to stop the leak and the spool won't move and anything loose enough for the spool to move and we have a serious hydraulic fluid leak. So our hoist works but we still have our leak.
Picture of the spool your working with would help. Show us what you took apart and where its leaking.
I’ve seen stubborn spools ( rust and corrosion) but don’t ever recall the torque of the section causing o stuck spool. You look for a hairline crack in the section maybe??