HI there Has any one have a RT630B, I am looking for the wiring diagram. We have had this crane for 5 years and boom solenoid keeps overheating, I have checked for loose connections and all the layman problems. what is confusing me is that the alternator is 24 volt and the rest of the system is 12 volt. I would like to look at wiring diagram before i start tearing it apart. any help would be appreciated
You need to know if your machine system is 12V or 24V. I have been away from cranes for awhile now but almost all of them I had seen in the past were 12V. I have seen machine systems that have the 24V starting and charging systems but have a convertor that runs the operation systems on 12V. If I were you, I would put a multimeter on the starter lug at the starter motor (where the battery cable hooks up) for a reading there, then remove the plug at your boom solenoid and see what voltage you have there. At least it is a starting point.
I've had trouble with those solenoids, hot weather will just eat them up. I used to run a tms870 and we had to just keep extra ones in a tool box. I have a rt 700b series and I've had to replace a couple in it, but it hasn't been as bad as that 870 was. It wasn't unusual to replace two or three in one summer on the 870. They are constant held open when in operating mode, and the power gets taken away by the A2B system. They get so hot you can't hardly touch them. Factory specs for a 630b call for two 12v batteries and 24v starting. But it doesn't list what voltage they use for all the controls. The tms 870 was 24v on all the controls. But the lighting system on it was all 12v and it had a step down box in the cab for the 12v. It had both 12v and 24v in the wiring system which was a pain. For some reason, I'm thinking my Rt700b is all 12v, but I'll have to look at it to be sure.