Don't know if this correct thread for this I have been working for a rental company for 2 yrs now as a mechanic. I enjoy turning wrenches. It therapeutic for me. However I am looking to learn more. I spent 12 yrs in National Guard as a mechanic recovery op. So I have some more experience. My question is I found a company that we will send equipment to for larger repairs is hiring. Would it be worth submitting resume or stay where I am.
If you want to get into bigger jobs and more work, why not apply or get the details. if its not what you want, don't make the move. Never hurts to check out your options.
If it's therapeutic for you that is great I know what you mean but few get that kind of gratification from any job especially dirty work. It seams like one day a week for me is therapeutic and on the other end of the spectrum is a day so stressful it takes a lot of alcohol to shut the brain down just to sleep. You should change jobs to continue to learn but be sure the management fits your style and won't cause more stress than what it's worth. TIO