Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GVW ratings?

Welder Dave ยท 2024-09-28 01:40

I was looking at some trucks on the Ritchie site and a couple Mack GVW ratings didn't make sense. How can a 20K front axle and 46K rears have a GVW of 73,000lbs.+ with no drop axle(s).

Replies7
  1. #1materthegreater2024-09-28 05:49

    Probably has the helium filled tires option.

  2. #2Truck Shop2024-09-28 17:06

    Oh that's the contractor special option---the, when no one is looking option for late afternoon deliveries when DOT has gone home.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-09-28 19:42

    I figured it something fishy but Ritchie specs. aren't the most accurate. Several also said S A for tandem trucks. Worst I ever saw was my dump truck when the used dealer had it listed on their site and also relayed to RB's at the auction. Cat 3406 425 HP. I figured that was way more engine than I needed so was happy to discover it was an M11 310 HP that's easy on fuel. There was something else glaringly wrong in the description too. The idiot at the place also said the hyd. pump for the hoist could be shut off in the cab. The pump is driven off the front of the crankshaft.

  4. #4Junkyard2024-09-28 19:47

    Probably had a steerable drop from factory that was removed at some point. They just copy the VIN tag. If was even the right tag for that truck lol.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-09-28 22:56

    Didn't look like there was anything removed but maybe.

  6. #656wrench2024-09-29 09:42

    Are you sure it was GVWR and not GCWR? Or maybe Ritchies got them mixed up

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-09-29 12:28

    Not sure but I think it said GVW.