Just wondering if anyone has seen the H series scrapers yet? i am lead to believe some 27,s are out and about.
they have one around alberta
"H" series Straight from the horses(cat) mouth, last orders to be placed for cat 623G, 621G, and 627G's mid january 2011 to make way for the NEW "H" series srapers don't know when the H will be released Cheers Leroy love to see any pictures of the H
The 627H will be at Conexpo. (No idea if photos will leak before then, but I'm looking forward to it!) http://www.cat.com/cda/files/2571908/7/239PR10+Conexpo+Show+Preview+Release.DOC
There's one in Calgary but for some reason I think it's a 57
H Series Scrapers BOYS HERE IT IS !!!!! Pics of the new H Series Scrapers I happened to come by!! Cheers Leroy.
The 621 having a bail on it has gotta be a mistake!
Yea. You would have thunk the person who who generated these pictures would have removed the bail, push block and rear hook, along with the rear engine. ointhead
I have seen some real pics of the new H scrapers on www.socalearthmovers.com Nice looking machines, but they put lot of plastic on them.
Who ever generated the pictures is a simple graphics artist who does not have a clue what these machines look like in real life, probably has never seen one and would not know what it was if they did see one.
could you post the link to socal? I cant find the photos
They are in the forums part of socal try this link. http://socalearthmovers.com/forum/index.php?topic=480.0
JTL, They even left the planatery rear axles in the 623.
I don't care for that "Playskool" styling. I like the square edge look the the B,E & F series. Plastic has no place in earthmoving.
haha i laughed out loud when i read this. I was thinking the same thing when looking at the photo.
I actually like the looks of the A's better. The squared off look that came with the B's didn't do much for me. As for plastic, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont knock it, a few of the socal guys run 51s with hooks and bails. Seem to remember some pictures on socalearthmovers.
If the pictures on SoCal can be believed, these scoops have got to be the worst ever design Cat have come up with. They look terrible! About the only saving grace I can see is some redesign work on the open bowls which may make them a hell of a lot easier to load that the G series. The company I work for has both B and G model 621's and from operating both series I prefer the B anyday for ease of loading. Even they are not as easy loading as the Wabco bowls! Call me old fashioned, I don't know, but I liked the look of the old A series machines the best
I have seen hooks on the rear of 651B/E's but never a bail, the 651 always runs in the front.
did anyone notice where they put the lift cylinders remember when the g came out no one thot it would last either
im wondering with as narrow as a 20 series scrapers are if the cylinders on the outside like the bigger machines do how you will be able to see in the bowl? i wonder if thats the reason that cat has always put them on the inside on the smaller machines. I have been told by my bosses that got invited to put thier input in on these new scrapers that the steering will sits inline with the dash on a G so the steering wheel will be infront of you if you are seating tilted in the cab. im also told that they did away with the joystick and went to a palm style controls like in the newer finish dozers. i also heard that your guage panel in the middle is a gps screen with the guages on the outside. batteries are also said to be back near the transmission
They needed to reposition the gauge cluster and redesign the hood on the G's. Both would obstruct the view of the pushblock and bale. Idk about the new controls though
Im glad they got rid of the joystick, i hated it, i almost prefer they go back to the F series style controls!
Ever watch the vid of the hand movements on an M blade compared to the H? Joystick is way more efficient and less stress on the operator. They should have kept the F engines though
Yes i have ran an 14H blade and i have ran an 14M blade, i prefer the M! But for scrapers i prefer the F series controls for the 27's, i had Trimble GPS on my 27 and i felt alot more precise with the bowl movement on the single lever then i do with the joystick. But i hated the E series controls.
if you cant get good with the new "fly by wire" controls you better get out of this business because you arnt going to have a choice sooner or later. Pilot controls were messy and hard to maintain. I for one am all about the power of the G series here in Nebraska in the softer conditions a G will walk circles around our E's and F's in the mud. doesnt matter its a 21 or a 27. the G's seem to "lug" though it better. on a good road the older scrapers willl outrun them tho wide open. best i ever got a G to was 36 mile and hour downhill and loaded. that is bolderline oversped.
Didnt say i couldnt be good on one, just said i felt more precise with the old style, And are 627F's we had were turned up and i would put them up against any G series 27! But i havent ran a G series 27, just a G series 623 and they fell real underpowered!
it all depends in my oppinion if you get used to thier powerband. say if you are runnig down into the fill and it is alittle soft i will always let the scraper downshift till it hits third then press the transmission hold. once the tranny hold is on the machine will lug itself out alot more then it will without it on. will not downshift into second until almost 1000 rpm. this helps you for 2 reasons in my oppinion 1 you lose hp once you grab 2nd because the G's have variable hp motors and 2nd as soon as you drop to second it is a convertor gear and you torque increases causing you to spin. i agree with the turned up part that a F might perform better as for that i cant say my employer doesnt believe in "turn it up" Im guessing with the cost of fuel and parts alot of people dont anymore either
Huh? If you went that slow in a fill id get behind you and push you. Never let your rpms bog when filling. If anything let off the rear engine and and run the front, use the rear to keep the rpms up by pumping the pedal. Loss of hp means more time and less loads. Why downshift to 2nd in a fill? Dont tell me you slow down and downshift to 2nd before hooking up, that crap irritates me. Had a guy doing that and had a scraper go down that day so we were running 3's. He would slow to second to hook up, so i called and told him he better learn how to hook up faster or id push him into the front scraper (he had 7 more years experience than i on a push-pull). After two loads i caught him in 5th gear and pushed him into the front guy, i hit the brakes just before he got him. Ya'll might flame me for it, but it was hilarious!
i would not pump the rear pedal on a g series scraper it is a electronic throttle there for no reason to pump just back off alittle. we are talking about the fill not the cut i doubt you push pull to unload in the fill........If you do maybe you know something i dont and lets here why? hehe. But in all seriousness the reason we are in 3rd or even 2nd in the fill is in eastern nebraska the soil is usually wet enough we fight it with 27's and the fills are almost always borderline passing so thats how you get fills soft enough where you do not have enough power to go any faster. sometimes its good too though and in that case dump in 7th or 8th WFO!!!!!!!!!
your story of running 3 togethor makes me laugh tho and i love it. thats exactly what i would have done and if he didnt like it then i would have gone back to push pulling with my guy and left him to self load. when any of us would get asked why he is self loading i would say he couldnt keep up. lol. or you could have put him in back and just went about your business and probably just ran away from him, in a round or two, and then he would have looked bad.
Why would you tag up in 5th gear??? My partner was always on me and i never lost him, and when he tagged up he would tag up in 2nd, the first scraper should be already starting to cut therefore the 2nd scraper should have no problem catching the 1st scraper, the 3rd scraper should have no problem catching the 2nd scraper, and you know how hard it is on the transmission to down shift when its got a load on it. And CMR is dead on, around MO we would get into real gummy dirt, and there is no way you can dump that crap and make it look good if you didnt dump it in 2nd, matter of fact i think the highest gear id dump in is 4th, and i always long dump and my partner always short dumps, that way we are turning out of the fill at the same time, and he would never lose me, You know your watching rokie scraper hands when the lead guy always short dumps.
It only needs to look good when its on grade, otherwise, move the dirt! I dont really pay attention to what gear im in when dumping. It matters more on how far and RPMs. If youre waiting for the machine to downshift to second, then hook up, is too slow. You should be hooked up before the lead scraper starts cutting. He should never lose you because he should be on your arse.
??? The lead scraper should always be cutting by the time the back scraper tags up, And are cycle times where never slow, we were the fastest push pull team that alot of ppl had ever seen. Moved 25,000 yards in 4 days with a pair of 27's. Its very easy for the back scraper to lose the lead scraper if the guy running lead is a moroon, its the led scrapers job to make sure his partner doesnt lose him, or have to run his balls off to catch up! Only needs to look good when its on grade??? LOL! I HATE THAT ATTITUDE! Your cut and fill should always look good, thats what a good scraper hand is. Ive seen your type, will goudge a 3 foot hole and fill will look like a bomb went off just to get a few more loads, then it rains and you cant work for a week. How many loads do you think you lose in that week???
In my humble opinion, coming into the cut there is no reason at all to hook up in any taller gear than second. Second gear is the gear to load in and I don't need to be pushed until I am well into my cut. I come in cleaning up behind us/cutting to grade as fast as I can without duck walking. I don't want to be pushed faster for many different reasons. The perfect partner for me hooks up after I have down shifted to second, before I start cutting heavy, locks the dif lock and keeps it pinned wide open. I am another one that likes my cut and fill neat all the time. At any time a storm rolls in a quick drag of the windrows and it will drain. Not only that it keeps production up. I can pull into a neat cut or fill a lot faster than I can one that is a mess without beating the crap out of myself and my machine.
^^EXCATLY^^ No need to tag up in any other gear then second!
I agree 110%. A lot less time lost due to weather that way.
well as far to cleaning up behind yourself all the time that why you have a blade he should make a revolution of the haul road, fill, and cut almost everytime you do so he should cover all that ground. so you dont have to slow down at all. we do alot of pushpulling in 3rd here in Nebraska because its so wet and muddy. fast and thin never loosing momentum and only getting half loads at best. better to haul half loads all day consistantly and not "tear" up a muddy cut any more then you have to. But all i said,,and back to topic, was that you are always better ,other then loading, most times you keep a G series machine in 3RD or above because thery are varibale horse machines. this isnt "how to push pull" or "how to run a scraper" it was WHAT DO YOU THINK OR KNOW ABOUT THE H SERIES"
better then getting stuck i meant and stoping production to have 3 or 4 more scrapers come get you or a dozer with a winch... I left that out of the above. here in the mud we have to make sacrafices just to get through it.
I don't think any topic in HEF (or most forums) actually stays on topic lol ....the original topic sparks conversation that is some what related and keeps going, not an entirely bad thing. I do on occasion load in taller gears to keep up momentum. In mud like you say, built many miles of road and subdivisions in muskeg. And as well as in dead, desert like sand. Mud and sand you load in much the same way. Skim it with a thin even cut and get out with what you can. If all you can get is 1 yard without getting stuck, your loaded. Never ever pump load, especially when push pulling. As for the grader doing all the clean up. I am used to working on large spreads and there is no way the grader can keep up blading after every round behind each team. In a cut that is kept neat I don't have to slow down to keep it neat. I can push pull a full load with my partner and then next round drag that same cut in 4th gear or better just knocking down the windrows on the way into our next cut.
You normally load in second, but if you wait for the machine to shift down to 2nd, lock it in gear, then hook up is too slow. Use the cushion in the pushblock and stab your brakes to hook up smoothly and quickly and in a higher gear than 2nd, normally 3-4. You dont push in 3-4, unless in mud as previously stated, but it is quicker to hook up in those gears. If done correctly you scare the sh*t out of the lead hand because it looks like youre going to slam him, but really youre buttery smooth. I didnt mean to just bomb the material in the fill, but 2-3 gear is to slow 95% of the time. Around here the super's will time you, and if you arent fully loaded in a certain time, youre off the machine. No skimming to clean up, you gotta learn to keep it clean while mucking. A 27 cant gouge 3 ft. holes, but it can take 12" out smoothly.
Maybe I am missing something. I can't see why waiting until I am ready to be pushed before pushing me is slow. I have my bowl in the ground starting my cut so it is easy for my partner to pace me....how can he not keep up with me when I am digging and he is not? If he comes right up behind pacing me, drops to second and keeps both throttles wide open then as soon as my cut starts to slow me down he has got my back and helping out nice and smooth without missing a beet or stabbing the brakes, should never need to hit the brakes unless it is an emergency or unforseen obstical...
...it all depends on the material you are working with. If the fill is kept neat and the material spreads well, by all means blow it out in eighth gear with your bowl high, I love those kinds of hauls. If it's chunky and you gotta shape it as you dump it, well every fill is different.
Brian i agree with you 100% the 2nd scraper should have no problem catching the lead scraper if the lead scraper has already started cutting, If the lead scraper is in 2nd and the 2nd scraper is in 3rd or 4th trying to tag up, the lead scraper is going to feel it.
What happens when the lead scrapper hits a hard spot and stops before youre on him? You need to get to him before he starts cutting. Skimming a couple inches isnt cutting or digging. The lead scrapper should be DIGGING not Skimming as soon as his edge touches the ground. IDK about where ya'll are from, but around here 200 loads is a typical 10 hour day. Thats 33,000 yards in 4 days of shale and caliche. Production machines need to be moving dirt, not cleaning it up. My bale is comming down well before my pushblock touches his stinger, in 3-4 gear. If the lead scraper feels it then you did it incorrectly. Try it, youll see the lead hand pick up his can and try to get away from you because it looks like youre going to slam him, but youre actually really smooth and fast. I had to yellat my lead guy because he was picking up and running away afraid he was going to get slammed. It takes alot of guts and alot of trust to hook up this way. Its not hard on the machine either. Ive never needed a brake adjustment let alone my brakes replaced. And please dont fill with your can high, it makes the fill rough
It is really easy to tag another scraper in high gears. I often work were twins are mixed in with singles and help them down the haul road. Spent one season were the company had started upgrading from 31's to 37's. They traded 2 31's and the 10 for a pair of 37's and put hooks on the back of the two remaining 31's. I often tagged him in 6,7 8th gear going down the haul road to help him out. But when he got back to the cut I backed off and paced him until he was ready to be pushed. I live in B.C now but spent about 20 years moving a lot of big dirt in Alberta, will probably be going back again in the spring. Maybe you and I are just thinking from two different positions. It has been a very long time since I have been up front with most of the pack bulking. I generally pick who I feel to be the best operator of the bunch or has the potential to become a really great operator and he or she falls back with me to clean up behind the bulkers. A good grader hand can work magic but not miricales, you gotta help him out some. I do what I do and at the end of the day my cut and fill are grade and my load count is no less than anyone else. Sometimes I do dump with my bowl high. As I said every material is different. Chunky stuff you gotta drag it neat as you dump it. Sand or silt you dump it moving as fast as you can and don't touch it with your cutting edges. It will spread like water nice and neat. If you try drag dumping it at high speed you will bounce, duck walk and make a mess that only gets worse with each round until you slow rite down and drag it deep to fix it.
200 loads a day is easy but you have to have the perfect conditions. Me and my partners best day was 219 but we also had to wheelroll are fill a few times. Most of the days we get around 175. But on most of are jobs the only support equipment we had was an 815, we cut all are slopes, subgraded all are roads, and put everything on grade with pair of 27's. I have yet to this day seen a pair of 27 hands that didnt need support equipment, but around here push pulling is a lost art. But i still dont agree with tagin up in any gear higher then 2nd, just dont find it neceesary, its alot of unnecssary stress on the machine. And when i would start cutting i could cut up to a foot deep, but i could only do it for 10-15feet but, just about the time id start to spin my partner would tag up. Thats how its suppose to be.
if you are waiting for your machine to downshift its because you have shifted from 3-2nd under the pressure of push pulling, too many times, now your machine dont shift rite, cat makes its scrapers to match perfectly in 2nd gear full throttle, while you are deciding what gear you want to be in, trying to hold it in third for the "momentum effect" the scraper in the front can only skim until he gets the power of 2nd then he can dig deeper, pretty soon your cut looks like a rollercoaster, then there is the stop when you shift, besides the lost 2 seconds you are taking the chance of getting a tire, at upwards of 6,000 a tire there is alot of money riding on the front guy lifting fast enough to compensate for the lull in power, you sound like your pretty slick at hooking up in 3-4 gear i guess when the guy in front messes up which will happen, its just numbers, its his neck that takes the beating, personaly if anyone is pushing me in third i just start digging let off untill i shift there machine into second then i really start digging, people who push in third usually think they are good enough to hold their machine in a gear without locking it in, so when i come out of the ground without letting off and the back guy lets off to hold it from shifting, and the slack yanks out of the bail i laugh all the way to the fill.
Yeah thats a good way to handle it. I ran back for my brother and I never hooked up in anything above 2nd. At times I would forget to hit the tranny lock and that sucked. If anything I'd hollar at him on the cb and have him do what you said and just let off til mine shifted back into 2nd. Also like you said if you are in 3rd your trying to play with the throttle to get hooked up when the back guy starts cutting. If its not perfect then you yank the heck out of the bail.
Yair...Fark!! you blokes make it sound complicated...it's only a bit of common sense and teamwork. I ran stiff hitch 27's when the rotten things first came out, can't recall no major issues...we sometimes had four hooked up to make it through the cut.
Something like this Scrub? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr8Nnfcw48A ....we didn't really need four but it sure helped in the sand, was a lot of fun and got the dirt moving in a hurry too. We moved an awful lot of mud on other jobs in the same way too.
Getting back to the origins of this post... Here is a video from the 2011 Con Expo unvieling the 621H, 623H, & 627H scrapers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZnuiyoyX8
Greg, lets have a friendly wager then, I am betting this "graphic artist" is dead on with these renderings for the H-Series.
Looked to me like all they did was take the engine of the rear of the 627 to make a 621 and left everything else back there.
did anybody sit in the h at the expo? i heard the lines were unreal, i watched the cat vid, push a button to load, then watch the screen sounds too easy.
Why would you want to just push a button to load it? Thats half the fun, and i wonder how long it takes to load using that feature?
I didn't make it to conexpo this year. The whole reason i wanted to go was for the 627H. btw thanks to vantage tes for that vid he put up on youtube. But what I have learned about the H series and someone mentioned the bail on the 621... cat is actually trying to market the push pull on the 621 saying that it can lead to higher production not only be compatible with 627s on site, but essentially no more waiting in the cut for a push cat, just hook onto another 621 configured with p/p, i mean the damn things got 407hp now and with the redesigned bowl, apparently they are alot easier to load... smaller engines in the front, now a C-13 tier 4 final, and C-9 tier 4 final as well in the 627 rear @ 290hp. Some things I have noticed are different CH accumulators, similar to those on graders, 24yd heaped capacity bowl, grade control, outside mounted bowl cylinders, hyd tank replacement (similar to the old 631C's, 641, 651, 657B series and if im not mistaken the 651E and 657E's) which looks like it could cause issues working on them mechanically. and the bowl itself looks like and old komatsu ws-23 design. The cab features are not too bad from what I can tell, I'm a left footed operator so the placement of the pedals and steering wheel are a plus for me, however i got used to the wheel in the center because i would always line up my steering column with the middle of the tire tread for accuracy, I dont mind the 3 cameras... they are properly placed, even though i still like to do things old school. As for the auto load and dump feature, well, thats something that i would rather perfect myself as an operator, but for sticky outfits who expect full production out of green guys (or anyone), I think it can be a useful tool. Because I live in Alberta, plastic anything is a bad thing, try aluminum fuel tanks instead.... fenders i'm not sure of. Back to the cab, i think i could embrace the new dozer style lever. The overall look of the machine is modern, yet gives a retro feel, not quite sold on it. Cat has some improvements to make but overall I give the H series an 8 out of 10
When Peabody Coal Co. was building a new haul road and installing a conveyor belt line at their Lynnville Mine back in '97,a contractor from St.Louis had a gang of '31's & '37's down there and they were running 5 machine trains push/pulling together with '37's in front,middle & rear with 2 '31's in between(37,31,37,31,37).I was servicing the mine at the time and saw them going at it for a couple of months.
Do you knoww the name of the contractor??? Only company i can think of from St. Louis that had that equipment was KOLB, but tthey didnt have a bail on the front or a hook on the back of the 31's???
It wasn't Kolb.I was the man who's service locked that account into the tire company they still deal with to this day(as far as I know).I remember one of the first service calls I went on for Kolb was to put a pair of new tires on the front of a "51 and move the fronts to the rear.The scraper was sitting by the highway and you couldn't see the job because it was back in the hills.Anyway,I neck-blocked the machine and changed one tire,then did the same and as I was working on the other front,the job super and operator come pulling up,get out and are walking around the machine scratching their head's and searching everywhere trying to figure out how I had the front off the ground with nothing underneath the machine(or parked on the tail).Less than two weeks later,they had quit calling the three other tire vendors they had been dealing with and would call my cell(not the shop) when they needed something.Great bunch of guys over there at that time.Anyway, I believe that the contractor was Friesen Bros.,if I'm not mistaken.Berra had some '31's back in the late 90's.They even bought some '51's in '98 after seeing what Kolb was doing with theirs.Howell & Sons out of Defiance also had a few old '31's that they bought in early '99.Funny thing though,I never saw any of Friesens equipment anywhere in St.Louis that I can recall,except maybe one of their trucks on the highways.Only place I saw (and serviced)their machines was at the Lynnville Mine.They were die hard Goodyear,and I even worked at Purcell in Fenton for a short while,and never even heard their name.Not sure what the story is,but I know they had a GANG of scrapers down there in Indiana on that job in the fall of '97.But,you are correct-no bails or hooks on any of Kolb's '31's.Nor on their 4 651's.
Kolb actually has 6- 651's, and they got rid of all there 31's a few years ago, and got rid of all there 27's this past year. They think those john deeres are the future, there even talking about getting rid of there 51's and buying more john deeres.
Thats a scraper outfit that has hade some management changes for sure to not back themselves with the tools they probably built there name on and go that way says to me the real dirt movers of the company have moved on. If they are 4YR 651E,s let me know cos, i have a customer down here that will take them if they are around 10000hrs.
When I was doing their tire service,they only had 4 651's(all E models).They only had 4 627's left-2E's#'s11&12,2F's#'s 13&14.They had sold off all their B model 627's in '99.I just came back to the area a few months ago,and drove by their shop a couple of weeks ago.Noticed they have done some serious building on since I last saw the place,which was probably "01.I did see some of their equipment on HWY 94,noticed the new pull-pans(they had a gang of those Reynolds pans when I serviced them).Do you work for them or know someone who does,or is that just the rumors going around the mill?There werre rumors that they were getting rid of the '51's back then because they were such a hassle to move.Obviously that was just a rumor since they bought 2 more.
Brian, I have to dissagree. In sandy conditions hop is your limiting factor, 3rd is a great gear to load in as the material flows in better and you can get a full bowl with out pumping.
That is true Ernie, there is an exception to every rule I guess. Sand can be every bit as tricky as mud to load out efficiently. Another thing that makes a world of difference to help stop the hop in sand is to leave your cushion hitch on. I never shut it off in sand, ever. Some claim that is hard on it but I am not convinced that it is.
Brian, I take it you are back to moving the earth rather than massageing it. I have taken to massaging dirt full time I ended up with a Menzi A-91.
Kolb has had 6 651's since the late 90's all were bought from the same company. Me and Vaopr worked for Kol b for 5 years. They are still trying to sell the 651's but they still use them. Some are off HWY 67 in Poplar Bluff and some are on Route 5 last time I heard. We ran the 627F's right before they were sold, actually we were running them till the buyer came and got em. All four 627's http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/kman9090/?action=view¤t=aaaaaa.jpg me and vapor before Jeff put GPS on them http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/kman9090/?action=view¤t=TNT2.jpg
That's awesome Ernie, hope it works out well for you! I was out in Alberta for a little while last year on a 57 and still take on the odd small project myself at home with rented machines (don't have mine any more). What I am really aiming for is a new career path though. I so badly just want a normal home/family life (getting married!) after spending so many years working away from home. I have always been really gifted with computers, enjoy creating websites and helping others create theirs. So that is what I have been going hard at this winter, trying to get myself established with it. But that will take some time to get established well enough that I can call it my full time job so some time soon I will probably be looking for some big dirt to move in Alberta for a while again....bring my laptop and keep at it in the evenings.
That's cool.When were you guys working for Kolb?Was Donnie Moffitt still running jobs for Jeff?He's the one that I was talking about that came up when I was doing those tires on that '51 the first time.That was out on 109 behind Chesterfield airport,cross the tracks and up that hill-the job was on the left a few miles after the stop sign at the top of the hill.Would've been about July of '98.Anyways,they only had four of the '51's when I was servicing them-they were all out at Winghaven for a long time.Before that they were at Weber's quarry out at New Melle.I've got some pics of them out there.I'll get them dug out and scanned on one of these days.They're in storage at the moment.Also got a pic of one of their '37's neck-blocked as I was preparing to change the right front tire on it when the Winghaven job was just getting started.In fact,the '51's were the first scrapers to get painted and get the new logo's(winter of '98-'99).I had to go out to the place they were done to air the tires because they had to deflate them to get them into the old red shed where they were painting at(some old farmstead not far from the shop&office-not the farm in the bottoms on the river).Like I said,there was a great bunch of guys working for them back then-Eddie,Ralph&George were the mechanics-Tommy & Delbert the truck drivers(& Paul until he left in '99)-Allen the lube man-John the equipment super was who I dealt with most(him or Tommy were the ones who always called me when they needed something).
Yup know all them guys, Don Moffit Still works there and I'll keep my oponion to myself on him. Tommy really like me and my brother ask him anytime about the Moorman twins he likes us, or ask Jeff Kolb he likes us as well. I just bmake alot more money where I'm at. Me and my brother just repainted the 651's 2 years ago as well as restickered them. The Winghaven job my dad started that job as he was a superintendent there for 17 years. Kolb is still a great company and i'd love to work there again but I took a Foreman position for a different company. Do you work for Cross Midwest Tire by chance?
If you do work for cross midwest tire you have proably met us before, or are dad.
Yeah,that's me.So Butch was your dad,huh?Yeah I remember him.I had misplaced my steel block once and tried another one on one of those '27F's and it was too big and shot out of that neck like a bullet and busted a main metal hydraulic line that runs on top of the tranny,and Fabick had to order it-took a few days,so when Allen got in on and refilled I was there and tried a different block and the same thing happened.He wasn't too happy.That's the only times that I've ever had that happen.Yeah,Butch was a good ol' boy,though.He didn't raise much fuss that I was aware of,but I could tell he was hot when I flagged him down and told him.I felt like a rookie.I was at Cross in 98 & 99.
HAHAHA Yeah he is are dad, i could see him gettin upset about that, i bet when you did it the 2nd time you were not looking forward to that phone call you had to make to tell them you did the same thing again
I didn't make no call.He was driving by right as it happened.It was a face to face thing.Yeah,I felt pretty bad.He was really wanting that thing going.He already had the operator getting off the machine he was on to get on the '27.Like I said,only two times I ever had a block shoot out.Never before or since.Those F's were the only ones with that hydraulic line in that spot,according to John Froese.Is he still with Kolb too?
yeah he is still there, they made him a dirt moving foreman when hes been a mechanic is whole life, made alot of sense to me. But yeah those F's were good scrapers, we ran them for 3 years up until they got rid of them
Cat H Series 621 WILL have push/pull configuration. Single engine, push/pull. Per CAT.com
In Post # 6 i seem to be right with my illustrations of the H series, It looks Exactly the same as the pictures so my info was spot on, Cheers Leroy
Well i have heard it again, Caterpillar is working on a new scraper, Has anyone heard about the NEW 621K, 623K, and the 627K just straight from the CATS mouth Cheers Leroy
Yes they will be Tier 4 final, begin production early next year no real surprise as that was always the plan. Looking forward to the larger 631K & 637K.
Is there a thread about push/pull operations? been there with 657 As and Bs.
YouTube introducing the H series scrapers http://youtu.be/C5Qom0z7vi0