Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

H90E loader

TCAT426 · 2025-03-15 23:30

I can get the loader started but won’t stay running very long, I have to keep bleeding out air from the lines, would like to know if there’s an easier way to bleed air from that one fuel filter that’s mounted upside down

Replies7
  1. #1Tones2025-03-16 18:55

    A permanent fix is to find the air leak.

  2. #2Simon C2025-03-16 19:06

    Make a rag ball and put a blow gun into the fuel tank and cover with the rag ball. Put 2 PSI of air into the tank watching out not to over pressure or you will have a fuel bath. You can feel when you have some pressure on the rag ball sealing it. While someone else is doing this look for leaks on the fuel line and fuel filters. Fix the first leak and then retest in case there is more than one. Remove fuel line afterwards to see how steady of fuel you have coming out into a container. Try also putting air to the fuel return line if it goes to tank and listen for air bubbles in the tank. Simon C

  3. #3TCAT4262025-03-21 16:19

    I tried the rag ball didn’t see any leaks, tried to start it but the batteries died , need to get new ones, they are not holding a charge, will try again when I get the batteries

  4. #4Simon C2025-03-21 16:40

    Before you go starting that thing with a new batteries, Disconnect that fuel line that feeds the filter and make sure there is heavy flow of fuel, not just a gulp and nothing afterwards. A blow back into the tank would also be good, along with a blow back to the tank from the return line. Could disconnect the line that feeds the injection pump and hit the air to tank while cranking for 2 seconds to see if a big amount of fuel goes into a pail. Does that thing have a banjo bolt on the fuel pump with an inner screen that could be plugged. Let us know how much fuel you have. Simon C

  5. #5TCAT4262025-04-01 19:02

    No banjo bolts, looks like flared fittings, hard to see the amount of fuel,( working on it alone) I did manage to get it started but again it didn’t run long, and it really doesn’t want to move . Probably going to need to change the transmission fluid, to see if that makes a difference. Just have to see what type of transmission fluid it takes and how much.

  6. #6Simon C2025-04-01 20:22

    The engine needs to keep running even if there is other problems. Might be a good idea to try running it off of a Jerry can full of clean fuel feeding the first filter. Need to find out if you have a tank to filter problem or not. If it wont run off the Jerry can, then you need to take apart the filter housings and dead end the lines and put air to them to test for leak out which will mean suck air in. Simon C

  7. #7TCAT4262025-04-03 21:03

    While disconnecting the fuel lines, I noticed that the interior wall of the line was bad, so I replaced it. Then I noticed after cleaning up around the primer that it is leaking pretty good. So I am looking for a replacement lift pump with primer.