Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hammers and quick-couplers

curb guy ยท 2013-09-03 07:09

Recently purchased a hyd. breaker for one of my track hoes, and was wondering how hard are hammers on quick couplers. By quick couplers I'm refering to the ones used to hold the bucket on, not the type on the hoses. I've been told that a hammer will ravavge a quick coupler in a hurry, even if kept greased. Just wondering what some of your thoughts are. Thanks!!

Replies7
  1. #1RollOver Pete2013-09-03 08:06

    We have never had any problems on machines as heavy as 80,000 lbs. Like anything else, common sense and a responsible operator have everything to do with it.

  2. #2Colorado Digger2013-09-03 19:51

    I agree. In Europe 95% of the excavators all have quik coupler's. They also have tilt bucket's and each machine normally has about 10 different buckets and attachments it seems. There is a german forum that is very informative on this subject. Regards, CD

  3. #3clintm2013-09-03 22:56

    make sure you keep it good and tight so it don't move around and create wear

  4. #4curb guy2013-09-04 06:51

    Thanks guys! I'm curious about that German forum.

  5. #5schuiver2013-09-04 14:29

    Here a link from Dutch Bouwmachinefoum, here are also all attachments. http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=40

  6. #6plantman.uk2013-09-14 16:26

    in my opinion a hammer on a quickhitch is a no no if you are doing demo work....the hitch takes a lot of stress if you are doing a lot

  7. #7curb guy2013-09-17 22:37

    That was my thinking, I just wondered what others' opinion were....