Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Handlebar grips- ball top- Where???

jav ยท 2010-08-30 09:50

I'm rebuilding a Bobcat 843 and I'd like to get the handlebar grips that have a larger molded rubber ball top on them. I've seen them on manual machines (mostly 7 series) but the dealer says they must be aftermarket cus they only show the straight bicycle type grips. I've googled this to death and struck out. Does anyone know where I can get some of these grips? BTW - this is a full manual machine- no electical controls on the handle bar. TIA

Replies3
  1. #1jav2010-09-01 09:50

    tougher than I thought. OK- how about any on-line sources for generic skid steer accessories that might have this type of thing?

  2. #2Cannon2010-09-08 16:48

    On my 753 they're called 1.Left Steering Lever Control w/ Rear Aux. Switch or 2. Right Steering Lever Control w/Proportional Control Switch & Detent Switch. They're the half balls (if thats such a term) where I can rest my palms on. Hope helps.

  3. #3andrew882010-09-10 20:44

    ^ Yupp that's all it is. On machines with more options it holds the switches for the aux controls and horn. Your machine may be a little old and that is why the dealer doesn't see them as an option. If you told them to look at a newer serial number break they could find them. Maybe ask if they have any skidsteers that they have been robbing parts from? Or if they have some old control levers from a warranty job.