Does everyone get this charge? It pisses me off to no end. $6.75 on a $112 filter, 5-6%. I have called and talked about it a couple times. “It just the extra cost in getting parts shipped in” Why not just add it into the price? At least I wouldn’t see it all the time. *#^*+. Ok, rant over.
I get that, too. NC Machinery charges us an extra 10% for Alaska. I can get around it with truck parts by going through a TEPS. Or, purchasing in Seattle under a cash account. Bastards
Is it a special order filter?
Forgot the link https://www.ebay.com/p/1509314063 Joe H
Ya, I get it in AK, HI and a few other places. I am in ND, 700 miles from the mothership. No bush planes required. lol Nope regular stock filter, They had it on the shelf. Just a hyd filter for my 973C.
Stop salting my wound. lol
Warren started that around here maybe a year ago? Used to get parts on the shuttle from Waco, OKC or Lubbock no charge. Suddenly there’s $5, $10 or $15 fees on invoices. The truck runs daily no matter what. I manage four accounts there with my customers so I went in and raised a little fuss and I haven’t seen the charge since. Our KW dealer used to bring me parts no charge which was great as it’s 33 miles one way from my shop to theirs. For a brief time I was getting charged like $25 for delivery. After questioning it I was told it’s a mistake it was only supposed to be a fuel surcharge of $5. I think some charge it and see how many notice and speak up. Never saw a notice about the change from either place. It just showed up.
I bitched about it last spring. It's 6% I believe on all parts sold. I said the same thing, just INCREASE THE COST OF THE PARTS. Nope, nowadays in the age of the internet, we can check prices against other dealers easily. This was an easy-peasy way for Butler to make 6% without it being obvious. On a different note about Caterpillar. This fall, I had a pretty good rant to my parts guys in Jamestown, even though they can't do a damn thing about it except hopefully pass the word along. I'm getting really sick and tired of finding out parts are getting NLA for my Challenger tractors. I basically said to the guys I was always jealous growing up seeing the new shiny Cat equipment (that we had no chance at affording), and everyone raving about "How great Caterpillar parts support is". Now, I can afford Cat, and they have done the same **** that CNH has done, quit building new parts. FML.
Meanwhile I get parts from NAPA delivered to the shop without even having to ask. I call and they bring it. I try to tell them usually I don't need it RIGHT NOW and they still bring it within an hour or two. Used to be KW and IH would run parts up at least weekly but I am out of that game. Cat had a Tuff Shed at the local large timber operator and Deere did somewhere else, for parts drop for various customers, but they took those away. Deere long ago, Cat more recently.
Yup. Terrible thing about Challenger parts situation. The AGCO/Cat alliance shenanigans hurt a lot of people and it doesn’t stop.
geez, i didn't realize they were cutting some of the 65-95 series tractor parts. Those would run forever. Well I suppose thats the problem.
That sucks. No 6% handling charge at our dealer. Now they probably just raised the parts prices but at least there is no line item..
Not Cat, but Pape will charge shipping if I want it soon. They have figured out how to include it in an upcoming shipment and if I ask for the slow boat I don't pay. That is a nice option.
When Gary was there, I had no issues with pricing.
You cannot buy new drive wheels, no parts for the tension cylinders except for seal kits. I know a guy that had to rebuild the differential, and had to get some parts from a salvage yard because there aren't new ones left. New mufflers are over $3k.
I can't believe how many taxes you guys have. We have one. GST (goods & services tax), 10% on almost everything we buy. Anywhere in Oz.
You guys only have a GST? Nothing else?
I think you pay a lot more than we do for most things due to taxes you don't see. Tafiffs on imports that double the cost of goods before you pay the 10% you see is part of that. Joe H
Yes but as Joe mentioned that's all we see. It sure makes working out the cost of buying something easier. Remembering when it arrived in the year 2000, the idea was keeping it simple. A manufacturer charges 10% tax, then is reimbursed when that material is sold to a distributor, who is reimbursed when sold to a retailer, then to the consumer, etc, etc. In theory the only person paying it is the consumer. The same way your tax probably works but the difference is it's all 10%. Government then redistributes taxes to the states accordingly. Tarriffs... don't get me started. We used to have a car manufacturing industry . I'm still in denial about that one.
That’s horrible. Manufacturers talk about their ESG scores and brag about sustainability & environmental practices, while engaging in planned obsolescence.
We have very little by way of import tariffs on items coming into Australia today. They were nearly all removed as part of the deal when GST was introduced in year 2000. However, some items escaped, and a few odd items still incur a 5% tariff duty. GST is applied to imports. Australia's average tariff rate is 0.71% across the board. Back in the bad old days of the 1950's and 1960's, tariffs could be as high as 90%. They were all about protecting Australian industry, manufacturing and farming. However, tariffs started to be dismantled in the mid-1970's. https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/AUS/australia/tariff-rates A few businesses try to add handling charges here, but they are very rare. Auction houses are probably the worst for excessive charges, they even hit you with a handling charge for paying cash! Port handling charges are pretty vicious, with charges added endlessly, giving "nickel and dime ya" a whole new meaning. Port Security charges, container handling charges, warehousing charges, brokers fees, recording fees - it's like everyone found the blueberry pie, and wants their finger in it.
Sounds like the buying and selling killed the challengers. Much like when some ask if they should buy a international earth moving machine. Even the IH tractors parts are getting scarce. I have 2 new holland ls125 skid loaders and half the parts arnt available for those.If it's a cnh brand Im avoiding it all together from here on out. Even our beloved sterling dump truck you can still get most things to keep it going. Seems anything over 10 or so years is a losing proposition anymore.
Ox, the only thing that's not on the port charge sheet is "Joe buys everybody lunch". Warehouse cleaning fee, what kind of mess did they make with my box of goods & why do I have to pay to clean it up? Joe H
That’s about as dumb as Tax on labor.. Anyone ever heard of something like THAT.?? Ur already getting taxed on the parts.. NOW u get taxed on the labor too.!!! I had some work done across the boarder in NC.. and the bill wasn’t what was quoted.. I inquired WHY..& was told about the tax on labor.!! I shoulda stayed on my side of the line..!!
The answer is less government..........A LOT LESS
100% True
I guess you can nail them down by saying, email me an all-in quote before placing the order.
And then there is carbon tax!
We had an EPA fee on a drive motor diagnostic and replacement. Asked the Takuchi dealer what the **** that was and they said it was having to clean up the oil spilt. I told them they shouldn’t have made a mess.