Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Handy truck

Sberry ยท 2021-04-29 13:19

I have used a lot of cranes but 1 I own is this little deal. So easy a girl can drive it. I have a service truck and at one time was gonna put a crane on then the work changed a little and this is the ticket. I would like one bigger, this is really a pinch too small but I am a rigger from he77 anyway and can slide by. Using it more, pother people as operators and some more poop would be in order. I built some bvuildings and have a little truss extension and man basket but its really too small for construction work,,, you can get something done when you have to but if it was a regular scheme need something 2x the reach and for building really need a crane to come over the top. This is super great for moving light equipment. Took the wheels right off some of the stuff, lightened it a little and they set and haul better. I build a good sized building with it, wouldnt be the thing if I was in that biz full time for erection work.

Replies4
  1. #1skyking12021-04-29 14:05

    I love those little cabover trucks for how tight they turn. That looks really handy with that knuckle on it.

  2. #2Natman2021-04-29 22:49

    Nice rig! I've heard they ride rough though, with your butt right over the front axle. I see you can now get a Manitex 22101S on a single axle cab over chassis. That would be hard to beat for getting into tight spots, but the lack of chassis weight must effect the load chart.

  3. #3Toolslinger2021-04-30 05:10

    I've spent a lot of time running Isuzu cab overs. I never understood the complaints people have about the seats. If I was going to drive one all day, yea, they're kinda thin. Usually though being smaller trucks, you tend to just go A to B, and B is the work, so you're not pounding down the road all day. The bigger Isuzu cabover I ran a couple times was fine for a longer run. Nowhere near as nice as the air suspension seat in my conventional, but not bad.

  4. #4Sberry2021-05-06 10:20

    all kinds of stuff.