is anyone dealing with hearing issues and how do they come on? i had a pressure imbalance in one ear and i sometime hear a slight sound. it is not ringing or buzzing but more so, it is just there very slight, like something else. i went to the docter and he said i have a small case of tinitus?sp.? maybe cuased by stress or other issues. he checked my hearing and was suprised at how good it was, i always use earplugs in open cab stuff, but could years of dirtbiking and snowmobiling caught up to me?? thanks guys/
Did you see a audiologist? You would notice if your hearing was starting to go. When you and others start noticing you're saying what? eh? more frequently...When someone asks you if you hear that particular sound and you don't.. When someone is talking and you hear the voice but don't distinguish the words.. Some people that have hearing loss complain of buzzing/ringing in their ears , some do not. I hear a whole damn family of frogs singing in my ears all the time.
For me its them dam bells 24-7 no let up "ring ring ring"
Enjoyable isn't it stock..all you can do is try and ignore it because there's absolutely nothing a person can do about it.
I have a small amount of hearing loss, Colorado, a result of years of sitting on open farm tractors with straight out exhaust pipes, before hearing protection was thought of. I also have tinnitus, which if I stop and listen, there is a constant squeal for the want of a better word, I suppose that is what they call ringing, in both ears. It is not deafening and sometimes it is worse than others, but it does over ride softer sounds. Quite often someone will say, did you hear that, but I didn't. If I am talking to someone where there is a lot of background noise, I have trouble understanding what they are saying. I find when I am working, or concentrating on something, or even listening to music, I tend not to notice the tinnitus. It certainly doesn't bother me greatly and I choose to ignore it, because I think there is very little that can be done about it, so I just have to learn to live with it. There are a few miracle cures on the Internet, but I think some of those would come into the Snake Oil category. RnR.
I'm covered for hearing tests by Veterans Affairs. I go for a test every 4 years and the experts always tell me the same thing...They can't amplify what I don't have...I say "what...Speak up!". Hearing loss from high speed turbines sucks because it knocks out your definition...around 5000 Hz IIRC. I can hear as well as the next person I just can't understand what is being said.....my wife says that its selective:beatsme While the Navy has well documented evidence of my hearing decline I blame other factors from when I was young, like RnR says above. Massey Ferguson and Browning had a lot to do with it I'm sure. My tinnitus is fairly intense but it only comes bad for a little while then goes away quickly.
Is anyone here using hearing aids? There are so many brand names and types it it's kind of hard to figure out what's what. I'd appreciate hearing....errrr....reading any input!
We had quite a discussion awhile back on this tripper 174. Be nice to get it fired back up again. Lots of new members since that..
how do i explain this, for one, it is only on my right side. it is kind of like frogs, but more so, it is just there....not a squeel. very bothersome. in a large room full of people talking it is very apparent. it comes and goes. and this has happened very quickly .. in the last two weeks. thanks guys. bob
Start avoiding the loud noises or wear your proper hearing protection, might not be too late for you yet.
My dad just got hearing aids from the VA and he is hearing things that he has not in years. His hearing loss was from when he was in Vietnam.
I just made a post in the TGIF forum about my experience with hearing aids... clicky click here