Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hardhat

badranman ยท 2004-10-18 18:18

Who makes a hardhat for a big head? All the ones I try sit high on my head. My dealers keep telling me to keep trying until one fits. I need one that's CSA approved. I'd like one with just the front brim not all the way around, thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1digger242j2004-10-18 21:11

    First, I need to say that I'm not an expert, but I do have a sort of hard hat collection. I have about a dozen different hard hats, just because I like them. One of these days I'll get around to posting pics. Anyway... I took a quick look at my collection and of the different manufacturers represented, none adjust to any size bigger than 8. MSA products seem only to go up to 7 5/8. The others all seem to go up to 8--that includes Bullard, Wilson, Norton, and Tuf-E. (Personally, I like the Bullards the best.) Of those, only one has any adjustment for depth--that one is the Norton. None of these hats are new, so I can't even say for sure whether all the manufacturers ares still in business. I looked online for Norton, and found a lot of computer software, but that obviously won't keep you from geeting a fractured skull. What I did find was North Saftey Products. This one looks pretty similar to the Norton one I have and the description says in part, "Pin lock adjustment, 6-point nylon suspension with 3-level height adjustment." Whether that will help you, I don't know.

  2. #2badranman2004-10-18 22:12

    Thanks Digger. I actually tried the North on a few days ago....too small . I guess I don't fit the mold, at least my head doesn't.