Thomas, you are conspicuous by your absence, is everything OK?
He doesn't seem to get on very much during the summer. He keep busy in the summer time and i know why.
I'm sure he will post up soon and put all of us "wannabees" back in our place:notworthy Regards, Bob
Amen to the "wannabes". He's what I dream about growing up to be! Haha. It blows me away when somebody has that much talent. There are quite a few like that on here. Funny thought I had, so much of this knowledge we posses as far as trucks, heavy equipment, welding, excavation etc isn't the type of talent that will make us famous. I have to admit there are times I wish my kids saw it like I did when I was little. I loved it all. I still do. But sometimes the lack of glory, so to speak, makes it feel a little thankless. Strange random thought I know. But I said that to say this, you guys rock. I am blown away by the knowledge and helpful nature on here. Also, very rarely do things get nasty. I'd list my favorites but I don't want anybody to feel left out . But Tom darn sure is an idol! Weird random rant over! Junkyard
I caught up with him a few weeks ago. He sounded like he's just swamped. For anyone who's never met Tom in person, he's a super-nice guy, seems to know just about everything about anything mechanical, and he'll talk your ear off! I got connected with him about 2 years ago when i picked up an old Akerman H10BLC. He's the guru on Akermans.
I can say from his work thread he is a craftsman. I look at our youth , I have a 17 year old son , and wonder who will carry on these types of repairs. My son is pretty intelligent , book smart as well wants to be a civil engineer. I can see why Tom would be busy who wouldn't want him working on their equipment if its in need of repair.