The hydraulic control valve under the floorboard, which is operated by the foot pedals, controls the lifting of the arms and the "tilt" function. My valve is getting worse and worse with the passage of time and I have been delaying addressing the issue. When you depress the left foot pedal to either raise or lower the arms, the pedal sticks and will not allow you to lower or raise. You can push on the pedal all you want and the actuating rod will not move. But if you simultaneously depress the RIGHT foot pedal (to tilt), then the left foot pedal will work. Stated in another way: You must press the "tilt" pedal first, in order to get the "raise arm / lower arm" pedal to work. I would like to rebuild the valve myself. I have studied the parts diagram, and noticed that there is an "o-ring kit" which was offered for this valve, but it does not list what is in the kit or how many o-rings there are. The parts diagram suggests that there are only a couple of o-rings in the whole valve, but certainly there must be more o-rings than what is illustrated? My question is: Has anyone been through one of these valves? And if so, is this a job that can be accomplished by the average mechanic like myself, or is this something that should be left to the hydraulic shop? I found this thread a couple of years back, but the OP never followed up. He has the exact same valve as on my machine: HeavyEquipmentForums
Am I seeing thing again??? Either or, I'm following this cause I might rebuild the valve on our Mustang.
shouldn't be that difficult. just make sure you don't mix parts between the different sections. they are machined together. theres not really any o-rings except the outer sealing ones.
Are you sure it's the valve and not the linkage from the pedals to the valve? My skid steer has a shaft across the width and lift, aux. and tilt pedals all operate off that shaft. If that shaft (or any of the linkage) is binding or needs to be lubricated could cause the issues you're having.
Yes, I am sure it is the valve. Initially, I also thought it was the linkage that was the problem, but testing has revealed that the problem lies in the control valve assembly beneath the floor board. Thank you for all the replies. I can still use the machine, but this valve problem is really getting bad. I will need to do something soon.