Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Has anyone here made their own sod cutter?

Seans problems ยท 2022-05-25 14:34

We have an 18" ryan sod cutter from 1988 thats a push behind but sometimes I think about modding one of our skidsteer buckets and adding a blade and roller to take out more faster. It'd save so much time and money. Has anyone done anything like this?

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952022-05-25 19:41

    Kanga makes one for their mini-skid steers. Might be able to fab a full size attachment plate to one. https://www.kangaloaderusa.com/product/turf-cutter-mini-skid-steer-loaders/

  2. #2Seans problems2022-05-25 19:45

    That's a pretty simple design, thanks a lot for pointing me towards it. I think I'm gonna try to fab it out. I think just a fairly narrow bucket blade should do me for the cut.

  3. #3CM19952022-05-25 19:51

    It shouldn't be hard to fab one up. The roller might be the hardest thing to procure.