Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Has anyone seen the new Deere “D series” excavators???

9420pullpan ยท 2006-03-11 11:12

does anyone have any more pics of these machines??? they look really sharp!! i would definately buy one of these Machines!!!!!!!!!!

Replies18
  1. #1Wulf2006-03-11 15:06

    I would try one first... Angelina Jolie looks sharp too but she's probably temperamental and expensive to run!

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2006-03-11 20:03

    Great post, Wulf! See, I think the 350D and down look sharp -- awesome curves and a well-balanced rear end (looks alone -- not talking about performance here). But, as I mentioned in the other thread, the 450D and up have ugly counterwights and engine hoods. My opinion, of course.

  3. #3CascadeScaper2006-03-12 04:02

    Is it me, or did Deere add some extra meat to the 450 and 650 undercarriages? Maybe it's the picture, but the 650D carriage looks HUGE, like monstrous.

  4. #4CAT245ME2006-03-14 17:07

    They have the same paint job like the Volvo excavators and the back end of the machines from the 450 & up resemble a 450 NewHolland excavator that I seen a while back.

  5. #5dayexco2006-03-14 20:06

    i bought hyundai last time around just because of price. but deere definitely is my pick of the litter...they can paint em any color but pink, i don't care

  6. #6JimBruce422006-03-14 23:36

    Overal I think they look good and wouldn't mind getting to run one some time. The new cabs look like they have a ton of visibility and a pretty operator friendly system.:yup I agree with Tigerotor though, the 450 up look really boxy in the back end.:Banghead That being said, if they move dig, lift items, and run smoothly that's all that matter.... well that and that they don't paint them pink:bouncegri -Jim

  7. #7Dozerboy2006-03-15 19:00

    Well I think pink would be supper duper fly my brothers :laugh :cool2 .

  8. #8digger242j2006-03-15 19:04

    A good friend of mine had trouble with his hand tools walking away--shovels, digging bars etc. He painted them pink and never lost another one. That might be a better theft deterrant than Lojack...

  9. #9Tigerotor77W2006-03-15 21:53

    ROFL! Ladies and gentlemen, the next innovation from Bobcat will be their new theft-deterrent pink paint. :bouncegri

  10. #10rino14942006-03-15 22:31

    haha, that is funny :lmao

  11. #11Wulf2006-03-15 23:28

    Just an observation but the 'boxy look' could be related to the tier 3 engine with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation). Komatsu's new PC400LC-7E0 has a similar look with their tier 3 engine plus I'm guessing it makes the engine more accessible than hanging it low in the frame.

  12. #12tylermckee2006-03-16 00:08

    Looks like hyundai caught on quick! i found this top secret pic of next years 160!

  13. #13Jeff D.2006-03-16 00:34

    Hee-Hee!!:bouncegri What's next?Are they gonna start hanging curtains in em' too?? I can see the next reality show in the work's. "Queer eye,for the construction guy"

  14. #14Wulf2006-03-16 00:46

    Yikes! The machine is very sophisticated. You need a specially trained technician with a high-tech laptop and pink uniform to diagnose and fix these...

  15. #15tylermckee2006-03-16 00:52

    You saw the 2008 spy pictures too? i believe the option is called "window treatment" though, not curtains :bouncegri

  16. #16Jeff D.2006-03-16 00:58

    Well,at first I just thought it was all just crazy talk. But after seeing Wulf's pictures of the tech's,I say let's not be judgemental here!! I be the first one pouring dirt into the oil filler,If I thought THOSE tech's were gonna show up.:yup

  17. #17dayexco2006-03-16 05:23

    here's cat's new design team

  18. #189420pullpan2006-03-16 19:29

    Pink Deere 850