Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Has anyone tried the Bobcat T650?

Ropinghorns ยท 2013-02-13 21:47

I am looking to buy one this year, and can't find a reason not to. The air-conditioner parted my hair. The windows were easier to see out of. Plenty of power. My dealership in Tulsa is fantastic. If you bring it in for service, they rent you one for 40% off. So why not?

Replies6
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-02-14 06:11

    I love the one at work I use to plow snow with. So far they have been pretty reliable.

  2. #2CM19952013-02-14 06:52

    Talking to my local salesman I have known for 15 years, he said they have sold a lot of the T650's and everyone likes them. I believe they are a T250 sized machine or thereabouts. IMO, the 870 is just too big. You are in CDL country to pull the thing, have to buy a bigger trailer and at $87K you can buy a lot of other iron for that amount. The salesman told me the 870 is like a small dozer, I told him I already own a D5... The new cab is nice and if you are lucky enough to get one with the old emissions cheaper to purchase and operate. The local dealer quoted me $56K for a new one a few months ago. I just don't have enough CTL work to justify trading up.

  3. #3Bobcatdan2013-02-14 18:00

    650's are not effected by emissions. They are 74.1 hp so there will be no change from what is currently on them. That is until the new doosan engines show up in a few years.

  4. #4CM19952013-02-14 19:51

    I thought that I saw a T650 with the new exhaust and high pressure fuel system at the dealers yard.:beatsme It could have been the larger T750/770, as I wasn't looking at the model number that closely since a new Bobcat is not on the near future list. That's good to know because I would like to trade up in the next 2 years if work stays steady and don't want to deal with the added bs and expense.

  5. #5Bobcatdan2013-02-14 20:14

    750.770, 850 and 870 are the only ones with the new emissions engines. Anything over 75 hp has the new set up to meet tier 4. Below 75 has been tier4 for a while which was little more then a egr vavle added.

  6. #6NCPIPELINE2013-02-15 06:09

    Good info