I just seen this and it said it was a new design. I know the old design is usless. It still sounds like a train wreck sometimes when i try to lock the boom. Do you think this would be any better?
Yes the one on my 580SK has recently failed and I need a solution too as the boom bumps all the time in transit and is pretty annoying. How much is it too?
Interested and following
I have it. It came with a flyer explaining that the transport latch is too long on many tractors. I haven't priced that. The new bumper does NOT prevent bouncing. I've been thinking of building a fit over device to shim the surfaces. It is ductile, so welding is not an option. I don't pop mine up. I swing all the way to one side, and lay the back of the bucket on the stabilizer. I use the stabilizer to gently push it up. If you then use the boom hydraulics to push the boom back against the Transport latch it barely bounces at all. Or you don't have to latch it over center when shuttling.
Wow Willie B! That’s a great way to latch. Always more than one way to skin a cat.
What models use that rubber bumper? Where is it located? Does my 580L series2 have one?
Don't know, Likely. Yours has the over center transport for the backhoe. I'd expect a bumper where the boom meets the swing tower for transport position.
Looked up the parts diagram and it looks like I should have one. I think I recall seeing just a shiny steel plate there, where it should have the rubber pad bonded to it. I’ll have to look again and see. 87491322 Is the new CNH part number.
I'll try to find the bulletin. I know it applied to my tractor. What other tractors need it, I don't know. It won't help if your grabber is too long. I haven't even priced the fix latch. If it compares to other ductile components I'm sure it is $1200. You can't weld to it, but a fit over shim item might serve the purpose.
The rubber should be bonded to the plate you see. But don't buy the CNH one. It is usless. Try this one if you deciede to get one.
Ok, so what is the brand/manufacturer and part number for the one you recommend? The number I posted looks like the picture you posted. https://www.brokentractor.com/p/cas...r-for-boom-and-swing-tower-87491322-87491322/
Part# 152153 at tractorpartsasap.com there price was $61. Get one and try it and report back. lol
Just looked at your link and i bet it is the same part at a cheaper price.
I looked mine over today and I do indeed need one of these bumpers, as mine only has a steel plate there now(presumably the Oem backing plate). Since others say the oem bumper insufficient(crap), and aftermarket may be better(not often the case), I ordered aftermarket from complete tractor . Com. https://www.completetractor.com/bum...ase-international-harvester-570lxt-1701-0460/ Just over 36 bucks. We’ll see.
The new bumper arrived in the mail today. It was made in Turkey. Looks good, time will tell. Could not install yet. I found the “plug”(as Case calls it) was damaged. It centers the bolt assembly in the hole. Ordered one. Waiting... Also, the parts breakdown shows a 1.5mm shim used behind the bumper. I did not have one before and did not order one. I’ll see what I think after it’s installed. Might make a difference when latched(and how easy or not) it unlatches.
On mine there is way too much room between the bumper & the boom when latched. Case says only shim so far, not more. They offered a length for the transport latch. If yours is too long order part # new transport latch.
Got the new “plug” today. Was a bit disappointed that the new superseded plug (CNH 87592819) is simply a single diameter unthreaded bushing. I could have used a stack of washers. Live and learn. When latching, it Definalty feels and sounds much better. It used to bang hard(obviously) without the rubber bumper. It does have some movement when latched. I’m not going to shim it as it looks like it would take almost 1/4” to fit tight. I will just put a little up or down pressure on it to keep it from bouncing. That is what I always did before.
I don't pop the boom up. Ductile can crack from this practice. I swing to one side & use the stabilizer to push it up past center, then the boom cylinder finishes the latching. Driving at speed I unlatch it let the hydraulic cylinder cushion the bounce. At low speed bounce isn't a problem.
I had gotten pretty good at swinging it up and over center gently. The few times I don’t get it right and did smack it into itself, I cringed. I never realized it was supposed to have the rubber bumper. I’m very pleased to have seen this thread and figure out mine was missing. Thanks to all who posted here.
Got a new one for my 580M but have not put it on. About $115.00.