Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hatachi EX120-2 burning pvc resister

dbs70301 ยท 2015-10-22 13:53

Have a hatachi EX120-2 that was blowing 1 amp fuse . Operator ran out of 1amp fuses and decided to replace it with a 5amp fuse causing the PVC controller Part#910497 to burn a resister . Ordered new PVC controller and installed with new 1amp fuse and rechecked all fuses for correct amperage . Now the resister burnt in the new PVC controller after 30 minutes of running machine instead of the fuse . Ive removed the wire harness and inspected with out seeing anything obvious . ( I have replied to this Thread HeavyEquipmentForums But think it would be better to start another . ) Anyone has any reason why the resistor would burn instead of fuse , and what parts would be in consideration to replace . I will try to replace the resister and repair the PVC my self , problem is finding a 4watt 10 ohm resister . I've attached pictures of the burnt PVC , the good EC with the same 4watt 10ohm resister . Thanks in advance , hope this helps somone else in the future .

Replies5
  1. #1rgl7262015-10-22 20:59

    that's what I told you replace the angle sensor. angle sensor is the cause of your mess. even if you will replace the resistor it will be busted unless you replace the cause of the problem.

  2. #2mhlak2015-11-02 15:31

    so where can you buy a resistor? does anyone have a company name or email address

  3. #3lantraxco2015-11-02 15:46

    http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...Id=10001&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

  4. #4mhlak2015-11-03 12:47

    lantraxco thank you for the link. I bought a new pvc and installed it. started the machine and the light came on,set the angle sensor voltage to 4.4volts went back to the cab and the pvc was dead again. took the pvc out and opened it up expecting to see the resistor burned up just like the old one. to my surprise nothing was burned so I don't know where to go from here. got any ideas? thanks mitch

  5. #5mhlak2015-11-03 15:50

    ok to answer my own question. and to help others that will run across this problem. the new style of pvc will shut it self off if it senses a short in one of the 3 circuits the angle sensor, the pump pressure, or the dp circuit. so I unplugged my angle sensor and the pvc light came back on. the angle sensor is bad.