Seen anything like this? http://www.ggcrane.com/movieloading.htm
seems like a good idea, but what if your load picks up more wind than the props?
It seems like it makes more stuff you have to maintain and it would take a good mount of power.
I'd also imagine that in most circumstances, you'd be violating somebody else's airspace with one side or the other, and in some circumstances, bumping into somebody else's building. How many tower crane jobs have that amount of property beneath them? (Which brings up a question I'd never thought of--in crowded spaces, such as downtown areas, how do you handle the fact that your crane might be swinging beyond the property line of the specific jobsite you're on?) As for the props, I can't imagine them giving enough precision...
The props look like a good option. I'd like to run one and check out the side jib deflection with and without their use.
in chicago, you have to request and pay for airspace over another property.
Cool! Hello. Now THAT is one cool machine, in more ways than one.
A project in Toronto was just as you say ..With one exception ..if it was a business ..during peek hr's ..it was a no fly zone ..or pay the extra premium
I dont know much about tower cranes but this idea just seems idiotic. the swing is rediculous, and having two loads in the air in opposite directions seems a little nerve racking to me. not to mention, propellers? really? hahaha. maybe im the idiot here. just seems a little far out. and what about other cranes on projects? and who is going to be able to set up a tower crane in the middle of the site, every time?
Shut the job down boys....I lost a propeller !
nahhh!! Somebody got lost in some silly ideas for sure. All that balance looks wonderful but they forgot something called rotational inertia. Those two great long booms are pretty close to being balanced but the inertia to get the booms rotating is double that of a single boom. Short version: those little wimpy propellors won't give the swing accelerations and speeds the movie suggests. Back to a good old turntable drive. I'd like to see what the OSHA or WCB boys have to say about one operator having two lifts going at the same time. There would be some monumental governmental beaureaucratic rectal hemmorages at that little realization!! Jon.