Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HD digging bucket working hours

Sander ยท 2021-04-05 15:14

Hello everyone, what is estimated lifespan of heavy duty digging bucket? How many hours before they need repair or maintenance. Does anyone also have pictures with working hours? Greetings

Replies4
  1. #1AzIron2021-04-05 20:15

    That's a question with more variables than rocket science Depends on the bucket manufacture for dirt conditions are the biggest factor I have seen rock eat a bucket in 500 hours seen some go 2500 without any work in potato dirt so what are you trying establish

  2. #2CM19952021-04-05 20:15

    Sander how much does a car cost? There are so many variables in the question you ask it's as varied as what a car costs. Need a little more background. ON EDIT - AZ you beat me to it by a few seconds

  3. #3Bls repair2021-04-07 19:53

    The type of steel used makes a huge difference.

  4. #4skyking12021-04-07 20:03

    I have 3 CWS buckets with the 120. It has 9200 hours on it. I would wager that the 2' and the 4' smooth bucket have the lion's share split between them, and they are badly worn. We have glacial till here with large rocks, a fairly abusive environment. I'd say 3000~4000 hours each bucket and they are overdue. I will post pictures of the 2' before I start repairs. bottom of 4'. with 3/8" thick AR400 wear strips worn through and peeling like a sardine can.