Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heater in cat 312CL

scuba ยท 2013-10-09 07:30

Hi I have a cat 312CL -02 excavator and my heater/cooler fan for the cabin doesn't work. I have checked all the fuses. Where can i get a hold of a electrical schematic for further troubleshooting?

Replies9
  1. #1CM19952013-10-09 20:06

    Welcome to the Forums scuba! Unfortunately my skills lie in tearing things down and pushing dirt so I am of no help with your question. However, we have many skilled mechanics on board that should be able to help you out.:thumbsup

  2. #2Nige2013-10-09 20:23

    I think you will need a minimum of 3 posts before you can send Private Messages (PM). Get the necessary number of posts and send me a PM with your complete machine Serial Number and an e-mail address. Please don't post either a full Serial Number or your e-mail address here. An Electrical Schematic will be winging its way to you as soon as I get your PM.

  3. #3CM19952013-10-09 20:27

    Thanks Nige.:drinkup Scuba, I don't have the ability to promote you to junior member, so just post two more reply's in this thread and Nige's help will come your way.

  4. #4scuba2013-10-10 02:17

    Thanks for the quick reply..

  5. #5scuba2013-10-10 02:19

    is there anyone who has done something similar errors, display and control the heater seems to work fine. Is it difficult to get to the blower motor?

  6. #6caterpillarmech2013-10-10 05:14

    Blower motor is behind the seat on the left side of the floor. Pull the big plastic storage box out first and you can see it.

  7. #7scuba2013-10-10 10:08

    Nige:The following errors occurred with your submission Nige has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space

  8. #8rankothge2013-10-10 22:26

    is your machine A/C control panel on?

  9. #9freedom digger2013-10-13 09:05

    Scuba, I have a manual for my 311 that covers some 312s if you get me your serial # i can check to see if it covers your machine.If it does I can scan the pages for you.