Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heater plug Case 580F

Einar Kr ยท 2020-11-30 17:20

I have a 1980 Case 580F that I am replacing the heater plug on the inlet manifold. There is a plastic hose running from the heater plug and into the bulkhead behind the hydraulics filter and out again to the return pipe for the injectors. I have seen resevoir types and then heater plugs that feed directly into the return pipe. But never this setup. Does anyone know what it connects to behind the bulkhead? Is there a feed pump or does it connect directly to the fuel tank? Also where is the best place to buy a service manual for this machine?

Replies1
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-12-01 21:37

    It has to be connected to a fuel line that has enough pressure to feed the heater. It may be the injector return line that goes to the tank. If you have an eBay account there are service manuals for sale there. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ervice+manual&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15 Read the vendors description closely. Some offerings are for PARTS books.