I have a ford 4500 no leaks til have run for about 3 hours then leak of oil up front by power assist some where. Anyone have this before I start pulling things
what are you calling power assist? power steering? power steering use hydrive fluid like used transmission/converter
Power assists is up by the pump on this 4500 backhoe. Same one all people have trouble with where you can turn right easy but not left. The oil runs down from this area but what little you can see I cannot see where the oil is coming from
that ford is 41 years old if that is only problem with it leaking so little can't find the leak,, put some more in it and use,,, she is telling you is tired after 3 hrs,, there some good additives for POWER ASSIST at auto stores,, put some in and use it, park it for a week or so use it and park
A photo or two of the area may get you some help.
probably the spool valve of the steering assist, but since it is on top of the steering cylinder you can usually pinpoint it. the seal on the cylinder may also be the culprit. Oil is probably thinning after that long a use. Make sure reservoir is full when cold. if you are having problems with hard steering one way or the other, i have fixed several 4500's and can tell you what you need to do.
Yes I am having problems with hard turn to left.
Also backhoe raises real slow
Golfer2 Send me a PM
Sounds like you may have worked with 4500 I just got it and the leak somewhere around the power assist and will not power assist to the left and backhoe does not want to raise the boom or dig when the bucket closes it does not want to work from there
Ok no slack on handle buyout have to pull both boom and are to raise lower whenI ill the leaver to raise I here nothing like when you pull all other levels of oil moving any suggestions on this my manualsget here Monday