Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heavy Duty Box Blade

nsherlock ยท 2013-10-06 13:58

I joined this forum to seek advice about some of the jobs that I have been getting welding on heavy equipment. A contractor that I work for wants me to build him the biggest, baddest box blade in the country. Do any of you have any suggestions on design? Maybe some pictures of your equipment?

Replies8
  1. #1td25c2013-10-06 14:37

    Land pride makes a nice one www.landpride.com/products/62/hr35-hrl35-series-box-scrapers Ours is a King Cutter. I had to add some re-enforcement to it but its held up pretty good over the years.We also added guage wheels for fine grade work on jobsites. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2nsherlock2013-10-06 16:23

    Contractor wants to pull with a Case MX305 w/ duals on all fours. Also wants a hydraulic scarifier, and hydraulic tilt.

  3. #3buckfever2013-10-06 16:25

    Holy cow he's not asking for much is he

  4. #4td25c2013-10-06 19:36

    Oh I see.... Yes the MX305 is a size or two bigger than a Farmall M www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7876713 In that event I would probably try to talk the customer in to a front mount dozer blade so as to utilize the size & horsepower of the 305 better.Could still hang a ripper on the rear 3 point hitch.It realy depends alot on what the customer is doing? On dirt work using that size tractor if I was going to pull from the rear it would be a pull type scraper. Here is a Leon blade www.farmequipmentfinder.com/view_item.php?id=2764 www.usagnet.com/manufacturers/113/dozerslide07.jpg

  5. #5Pipe Installer2013-10-06 19:51

    We have a blade that was bought in Quebec,Canada from S-Houle,its 20ft wide and rugged.Check out there website for ideas.We pull ours with a 450hp 52000lbs STX steiger and no troubles yet

  6. #6td25c2013-10-06 20:07

    Is this it Pipe Installer ? www.shoule.com/sln_an.htm

  7. #7Pipe Installer2013-10-07 07:45

    Yes that's the one.

  8. #8nsherlock2013-10-07 09:44

    I think that's exactly what he has in mind. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Thanks for the input guys! I'll post some pics when i get started.