Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heavy duty code readers/software

simonsrplant ยท 2015-01-28 00:31

So is there a good program (Windows based) or hand held unit, that will give accurate codes for most North American heavy duty applications? I have ET and SIS, access to quickserve online, but some sort of accurate and reliable reader software or hand held unit for International, detroit, Deere, etc would be oh so handy... Even if I'm to buy the communication link adapters and leads. Opinions and or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Replies21
  1. #1vero772015-01-28 02:15

    yesterday I saw good software.but forgot the name of the website

  2. #2overworked2015-01-28 09:54

    Veto, can you search your browser history and find the name?

  3. #3nowing752015-01-28 15:10

    I would be intrtsted myself. I'm not thinking it exists but I could be wrong.

  4. #4ohiofleet2015-01-28 18:26

    pro link iq or jpro

  5. #5Mike L2015-01-28 18:58

    x2.

  6. #6simonsrplant2015-01-29 00:29

    Google search found nexus pro link last night... Just taken a five minute look at jpro diagnostics... Looks pretty good... Going to do a little more research. Not seen Deere/hitachi branded anywhere and only Isuzu as a package from jpro...

  7. #7nowing752015-01-29 08:09

    From what I understand is deer is not sold to the public. But it is out there on the net. Pm me me if you want more info.

  8. #8tool_king2015-01-29 19:01

    simonsrplant I use pocket fleet diagnostics .Works well on international ,deere,case ,ford and many others .I Nexiq usb link. Abs software for Bendfix is free to download. You can get the com link for deere /hitachi dealer for excavators.I cand sent you link for software.Call me at 1-201-832 -1606 during the day if you have questions.Easier to do it over the phone . thanks Ed

  9. #9nowing752015-01-29 21:22

    Might have to call you tool king. Intrtsted in the adapter for jd

  10. #10tool_king2015-01-29 21:39

    nowing75 Are you looking for the excavator interface? Did you get the email i sent you about the case 580 super n manual ealier.

  11. #11simonsrplant2015-01-29 23:40

    if I'm told right the nexiq interfaces communicate with most products... be handy to have... wonder how well tho? like a Crescent wrench: ok at most things, excellent at none.

  12. #12simonsrplant2015-01-29 23:43

    if I'm told right the nexiq interfaces communicate with most products... be handy to have... wonder how well tho? like a Crescent wrench: ok at most things, excellent at none. @nowing75 your inbox is full!

  13. #13tool_king2015-01-29 23:58

    It works very well .I use it to work on john deere ,case international ,freightliners .cummins motors ,on road cat engines ,ford 650 and 750 trucks .brake systems like bendix and wabco.Just to let you know the interface box john deere guys at dealerships is made nexiq ,but sell at larger price .

  14. #14nowing752015-01-30 06:52

    I have service advisor but I do not have the John Deere adapter yet. No I did not see the email about the n.

  15. #15nowing752015-01-30 06:59

    Not sure why showing full. [email protected] .

  16. #16tool_king2015-01-30 08:15

    nowing75 you said in another post you had the case 580 super n service manual .would you mind sharing with me .email is [email protected] Thanks Ed

  17. #17nowing752015-01-30 09:30

    No problem

  18. #18simonsrplant2015-02-05 20:09

    Changing the subject slightly... I heard the power feeds are reversed on highway to off highway... I was playing around with a link belt... Checked with the diagnostic port on my truck and the power and neg were opposte. Assuming I'm using a universal heavy duty code reader, would you be able to read codes by simply re wiring the pins? (Incidentally, I tried and failed but didn't have the correct leads anyway)

  19. #19tool_king2015-02-07 12:09

    simonsplant what engine is in the linkbelt .Cat offroad plugs have cat data link wires in then that also communicate with ecu.Call me at 1-201-832-1606 if you need help. thanks ED

  20. #20Drifter2015-02-13 23:25

    How does it work? I need to get it.

  21. #21nowing752015-02-14 15:26

    Ep catalogs has it. They will install for you if your not computer savy. Just make sure you get the version that has what you need eather ag or construction.