Hey guys, just kind of wondering what some of you guys use to get codes off or class 4 and up trucks. Looking to buy something but seeing a lot of reviews some saying gives wrong codes, or won't connect.... Just trying to get an opinion on what's the best bang for my buck. Also like I said, code reader, not a full blown scan tool. Trying to keep it under $500. Looked into FCar 502 and OTC HD scanner. Thanks
i have a scanner i got from autozone for the small stuff it seems to always work i payed 200 for it
Pay a little more and you can get Pocket Fleet kit
Second that works very good, has very good tech support .I personally use it .It will read small truck like 250 ,350,450,550.Will read 650,750 and more medium duty ,heavy duty like Freight liner ,international, Kenworth and more.Will read construction equipment like John Deere,Case and more .
It's way out there on money but I'll share anyway: Recently put the latest from Texa IDC5 heavy duty on and off road, on my laptop, early feelings are good with the software and communication abilities but what I would say is that the tech support is outstanding.
With that budget it isn't going to be very useful, flash codes will get you what those in that price range do basically, I use a Nexiq Pocket IQ and am happy with it. What is that?
I have seen this on the internet. What is the price?
I'm getting a smoking deal through my MAC tools dealer. Prices seem to vary but HD on and off road with pass through hardware will likely run you up near 8-9k (CAD) It's a chunk of change but I reckon it will work out nicely.