Hello All, Excited to be a part of this group! I am looking to gather information via survey to gather information on your preferred machinery brand you utilize, as well as what some of the main drivers are on selecting what brand is chosen for a heavy equipment fleet. The main information I am looking for is what are some of the main drivers (cost, longevity, operational performance, product support) that lead a decision maker to purchase/do business with a machine manufacturer. Please feel free to add comments directly in the forum, but if you could please fill out this survey with your thoughts, this would be extremely helpful: Heavy Equipment Support, Productivity, and Preference Take this survey powered by surveymonkey.com. Create your own surveys for free. www.surveymonkey.com Thank you very much for your input on this research.
Welcome to the Forums DG94! Glad to have you. Now since you are asking for input from us here on HEF first give us a little background on yourself, why you have created this poll and how the information provided will be used.
No problem! I have been in the equipment world for about 8 years now. I've operated quite a bit of dozer over those years, helped/learned a lot on the wrenching side of things during that time, and have had some time overseeing operations for large earth work projects getting to learn how to read prints and plan for phase transitioning in projects. I've now been focusing my career from a leadership/management standpoint, which is why I've created this poll. I'm looking to see how some of the important variables that lie with any piece of equipment affect different end users to help understand what helps different decision makers make decisions. The survey is anonymous and will only be utilized for data collection.
Rather than your funky monkey website maybe some can answer right here, we don't need any snoopy computer bugs or the like. And curious why have some goofy website to have a few questions answered? Who and what is it really for?
8 years sounds like a School project....
Hey All, I totally understand the reservations and have not problem getting input strictly through here. Survey Monkey just helps analyze data and results based on what choices are made. I work for a CAT dealer currently and really, I am just looking to get a good understanding on how equipment owners and/or operators feel in terms of product support, longevity, costs, and things of that nature when choose a machine to run and own. As someone who was in the seat and supervised work utilizing multiple brands of machinery, I saw pros and cons with each type and wanted the input of those here on who they found to be the best in: Product Support, Longevity, Cost versus Production, and Retail Sales. Absolutely would appreciate any feedback even if it's just on this forum. Survey does not need to be used. Thanks all.
My suggestion to CAT is put it out here on sites like this and ask for help, with UX design. That is user experience design. I'd love to get to show them what needs to be done to make some things better. Oh and not just typing it out here, me and likely others would agree the need to do so in person, with an engineer that actually listens and cares.
This is great feedback. Thank you! Please share and keep it coming if anyone has other thoughts on Product Support and how it relates to other machine manufacturers.