Yair . . . a few wheels here . . . http://gereports.com.au/post/29-01-...&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Moving_mountains
Our local tire shop would love to have the contract for replacing those tires. Wonder how long it takes just to check the pressures?
Yair . . . another heavy load but its only seven hundred tons so they reckon. Cheers
How do they start a load like that. Is it 1 2 3 go or when you see clutch smoke from the truck in front of you go. If every truck had a CB but the first truck is the only one with a mic.
My guess it is in Aus somewhere and if that was the case all the trucks would have at least one cb in them and maybe even more than that. I know it wasn't that many years ago all the trucks that operated in any of the remote areas also had hf 2-ways in them as well but don't know if sat phones etc. have made them redundant or not.
Yair . . . here's another one. . Old Doug/brucew It was a shift somewhere in Western Australia. Unsure of the mines but they moved the digger about 250 kilometres at a maximum speed of 6 kph on the bitumen. I did just a bit of push/pull way back and don't recall much problem. We were only going up a couple of gears and there's always a bit of overlap between ratio and revs . . . one truck could be on the governor and the other truck lugging half a gear apart. For sure and certain all the trucks in the picture would have CB . . . . and probably satellite phone and internet and fax. There is a good chance too that at least the Benz would have some form of automatic transmission. I am told that here on the east coast fleet replacements are increasingly coming through as automatics in the heavy lift game, the European influence I suppose. Other Aussies on here would be better placed to comment than me. I saw a push/pull load go by some time back with cab over Benzes leading and a couple of Volvos shoving on behind. Cheers.
Yair . . . I have just realised these pictures are up on another thread, sorry 'bout that. Cheers.
Not very many truckers here have CBs now days. A CBs is as inportant as a fifth wheel in my book.I got in on moveing a building one time that took 2 trucks and the first 1/4 mile was the worst. A buddy watching said we did every thing that we could aginst each other but steal made it happen.