Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Alabama

Khileman ยท 2011-09-25 23:31

Well I couldn't sleep last night and really got into the site last night. Wow it was fun I just kinda been lurking. It funny how people have the same problems and question and everyone relates. Well I run/manage a stock pile management business in Mobile, Alabama. We deal only in coal. We have seven 350hp machines five D155's, and two D8T even got a new tier 4 8T last week, 2 D65, D5G, new D3K also got it last week. 2 T'hoes 320 &322 long reach, some 247B also new last week, Hmm Cat made a lot of money last week and all we got were caps!! Back on subject, WA 500-3 and two Kubota farm type we use for bush hog'n and pumping water off plant yard. So after seeing all the pic of everyone's machines I got some today enjoy. The dreaded Tier 4 engine The D8T T4 One of the 155-6's Shift change the only time they stop, we run 24/7 and put 20k hrs in 3 years so we trade very often this machine has 17500 hrs and trading it in the spring 60 ft long reach we handle drainage too And I know the D155's real well so any tech info you need just let me know.

Replies12
  1. #1willie592011-09-25 23:35

    Welcome to the forum Khileman. :usa

  2. #2Khileman2011-09-25 23:36

    These see a few more This one is the 320 The very trusty WA-500 Great machine about 10K on it One of the D65-15Eo And this little baby is fine, pushes just as strong as the D5G we have. Enjoy got more but hey don't wanna over do it.

  3. #3Gottafew2011-09-27 14:22

    nice machines!

  4. #4mikey12012-02-12 15:22

    Howdy from Northeast Alabama I have been reading alot on here, I have recently purchased a 73' case 580B CK, and knew nothing until reading on here. I am experiencing alot of the problems that most of the other guys here are having with leaking cylinders, power shuttle seems weak, no brakes, radiator leaks. A Mess!! LOL but, it is my baby now and sooner or later it will all be fixed. Thanks to you guys like Phil, ive learned so much about it before crawling under it I'm sure I will have many questions, I will try to get some pics soon too Thank You guys for sharing your knowledge with us all Mike

  5. #5willie592012-02-12 21:05

    Welcome to the forum mikey1.

  6. #6shopguy2012-02-12 21:28

    Dang Willie he is in our neck of the woods

  7. #7willie592012-02-12 22:47

    This is true shopguy.

  8. #8wee_gus2012-03-02 07:34

    Welcome to the forum buddy, I'm working in mobile just now, are you down by the container port? I've seen a few barges go past the ship I'm on laden with coal.

  9. #9Old Toys2012-04-23 09:38

    Hi youall I'm also from The Heart of Dixie looking for info and stumbled on this site. I have and had a bunch of older machines my newest is a Case 880D excavator that I was looking for service or parts manuals to get the buggs out before starting my projects. I've enjoyed reading some threads and also tryed giving some common sense advice. Hope I can help and get help, Thanks in advance, Gary.

  10. #10CM19952012-04-23 20:19

    Welcome to all our new members from Alabama!:drinkup We're gain'n on 'em Willie..

  11. #11willie592012-04-23 20:24

    LoL, the south's gonna do it again CM. :tong

  12. #12lightning2012-04-26 01:24

    welcome