Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Alaska!

Dmitry Alaska ยท 2018-01-11 18:35

Hi all, Just recently getting into heavy equipment as my dad has several excavators and other equipment. I'm his go-to guy for research and finding deals on parts, hope you all can be mine. Looking forward to the shared knowledge and chatting with many of you. Any of you know whether a bearing/bushing database or list exists to match up bushings part numbers when searching by size? Or if you can suggest the best location to post such a question?

Replies8
  1. #1Numbfingers2018-01-13 02:45

    Welcome to HEF there fellow Alaskan! Regarding bearing info, I emailed SKF asking for an old poster of theirs that I wanted. They don't make the poster anymore but they sent me two bearing maintenance handbooks for free and had just about everything you could ever want to know about bearings. I imagine you could get a cross reference off of them. Timken has tons of info on their website as well.

  2. #2Dmitry Alaska2018-01-13 15:36

    Sorry if what i say seems obvious to most but I am specifically interested in hardened steel bushings, or other material bushings such as bronze or aluminum, that are used as wear parts between the hardened steel pins and stick/links/cylinders ends/thumbs to prevent the need to line bore any equipment. Most often these bushings are also tapped or grooved for grease. It would be great if such a cross reference existed....its seems pretty easy already to cross reference roller bearings, it would be nice if wear bushings would also be that easy also, especially if all you have to work from is dimensions such as ID, OD, and length.

  3. #3Numbfingers2018-01-13 21:52

    Can't help ya there

  4. #4Dmitry Alaska2018-01-17 13:57

    Thanks. I appreciate you trying.

  5. #5farmerlund2018-01-17 14:17

    My local cat dealer can search for bushings by the size. inner and outer bore and length. Is that what you are needing? I have used it a few times to redo buckets and a few other odd things.

  6. #6Dmitry Alaska2018-01-17 17:22

    Yes, Thats what I am needing....for a 20 year old Geith Bucket, using 80mm pins. Geith has basically burned their specs and data for the buckets they made back then, and have no info more me. Whatever your local CAT dealer is using would be a great resource, be that database or paper cheat sheet. Although I've heard that Cat doesn't use metric pins much, but still worth a shot. Would you mind sharing which Cat dealer that is so I can reach out to them?

  7. #7AllDodge2018-01-17 17:25

    I would search for hardened steel bushings and some things come up. Found a place in Australia that has a pretty good page with pdf files http://www.kset.com.au/hardened-ground-steel-bushing/ Another place https://www.cylinderservices.net/store/Hardened-Steel-Bushings-METRIC-SIZES-c8329234

  8. #8farmerlund2018-01-20 14:36

    I am not sure how they find them. I needed some for a wore out bucket a few years ago they found the right ones to fit. Was Butler Machinery Fargo, ND . 701-280-3100