Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hello from Maine

antilogick ยท 2024-03-02 21:40

Hi folks. I'm on wooded mostly undeveloped property in southern Maine. I have poked around this site in the past as a visitor, primarily for a Case 580b backhoe. That machine is an old, dirty, leaky, death trap and has many faults but its soo simple. I once ran it without any wires for a summer. I have learned operation and most basic repairs on it over the past several years but the overall situation was always break/fix with grumpy downtime. I kept my eyes peeled on Case and JD backhoes from the 80s and 90s (limited electrics) and found a '87 580k which i hope will be a keeper. Obviously there is typically a lot to do on older machines but I love working the land especially with hydraulic monsters. I hope to eventually expand to contracting. My next goals are far away dreams - newer mini-Ex (6-way blade, wrist), a truck to move it all, and fire wood processing. I am looking forward to intermixing with the community, forums, and wealth of knowledge! matt

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612024-03-03 06:58

    Welcome to HEF antilogick ! Love Maine (except in black fly season ). Made many a pilgrimage to your state. Most because my daughter went to and graduated from U Maine/Orono. But my wife and I have spent a few vacations up there as well. Good luck with your future equipment purchases.

  2. #2funwithfuel2024-03-18 09:55

    Welcome , a little late, but welcome.

  3. #3BC Placer gold2024-03-18 10:27

    Welcome from BC! I could use a firewood processor, right now I just have an axe and a chainsaw!