I recently convinced myself to buy a TLB to build a house and barns with. I have friends and family in farming with machinery who shared their thoughts on what I could get in my price range and, after looking at a dozen or so machines ended up with an early case 580k. I started my search looking at even older machines including some late 60's to 1970's massey's , fords and Case ck's and b's but quickly decided to stretch a little and get a heavier machine. Paint doesn't look so good and I think the hour meter might be a little understated but it starts immediately, doesn't smoke or make death noises, seems reasonably tight and not too leaky. So far so good! I just started going through it to identify maintenance needs so the questions will follow shortly. I'll share my opinions as I go. Maybe others can learn from my errors and hopefully some successes. Rock on , Kevin
Welcome to HEF. The cheapest thing you can ever buy for it will be a good set of operators and maintenance manuals. They will pay fro them selves many times over in saved headaches and repairs. Check e-Bay for used ones.
I totally agree. I got both and reference them all the time.