Greetings, all .. just checking in to your interesting site .. I'm an old Catskinner from way back, with a background of agricultural earthmoving .. open pit gold mining and general mining contracting .. wheat and sheep farming .. Vietnam Vet (Engineers - road construction, quarrying, land clearing, forklifts, mine warfare, and generally keeping Commies at bay .. ) .. and nowadays .. an interest in antique earthmoving equipment .. I've driven equipment from the day I left school (and before) .. 99% as an Owner/Operator .. owned maybe 150+ items of equipment .. from backhoes, trucks, semis, lowbeds, up to crawlers, graders, dump trucks, and excavators, up to 103 tonnes gross operating weight .. and shifted my share of yardage in the 42 years since I left school .. Machines I've owned and driven? .. D6C's (2) - (beautiful little tractor), D7F's (3), Cat 930 (1), Cat 12E (1), Cat 14E (1), Cat 140G's (2), JCB 3DII (1), LeTourneau Model LS Carryall, Aveling-Barford TS-500 (1), Komatsu D375's (3), Komatsu HD-465's (19), Leibherr 974 (2), Liebherr 984 (2), Kenworth, IH, Deutz and Mack trucks (numerous) .. farm tractors .. semi trailers, tippers (end dumps), low-loaders (lowbeds), watercarts, .. associated small items of equipment, too numerous to list .. Machines I've just driven? .. Case 310 backhoe/loader, Cat 955H & K, Cat 950, Cat 966D & E, Cat 834, Cat 973, Cat 966B & C, LeTourneau LW16 wheel dozer, LeTourneau LW-18 Dump truck, LeTourneau Model M Carryall, LeTourneau Model D Scraper, Euclid S7 Scraper, Euclid S17 Dump truck, IH TD15, D7E, D7G, D8H & K, D9G, D8L, D9L, D9N, Case 1300 watercart .. KW and Mack trucks .. I hope this little list qualifies me to open my mouth and put my foot in it .. anytime I see a thread, that I think I can add my .02c worth of opinion, to .. and just remember .. when ya get my comment on a subject .. ya get exactly what ya paid for ..
Oh no......not another Perthonian. :bouncegri Naw, Just kiddin.....Welcome to HEF. :thumbsup Thats a pretty extensive list. I'm sure we'll all benefit from that. :yup Don't let Squizzy turn you to the "Dark Side". :spaz
glad you could join us ozdozer. please share your wealth of knowledge here and check out the great pictures of the back hoe hitting the bridge. thansk
countryboy - Unbeknowns to you .. us Perthians are on a secret mission .. to add some balance, to the all-too-U.S.-centric, equipment BB's of the 'net .. We are intent on re-dressing the imbalance, towards a Southern-Hemisphere-oriented, lean .. just wait until we get a few more Aussies and Kiwis on here, and we'll soon set this BB, on a level footing ..
Yeah. It's sort of like spin balancing a tire. (Or a Tyre.) I'd noticed a sort of odd vibration in the world... G'day, OzDozer. Welcome to the forums! :drinkup
So do the Aussies eat the Kiwis or just grow them? :bouncegri
Nice to see you on this board,gotta be careful what I say now )Ron G
We just eat their cricket team for breakfast. G,day Oz. Welcome Are you SOR?
G'Day, Squizzy .. No, sorry .. I'm NOR - North Inglewood .. and yes, that's right .. we don't grow Kiwis .. we usually bury them .. .. when it comes to sport, anyway .. Just as a matter of interest, who owns, or where, roughly, is that 2-Ton Cat you posted the pic of? .. I have a mate in Quairading, who has a T-35 Holt, the predecessor to the 2-Ton ..
Okey, Inglewood...isn't that near Geraldton?? hope to catch up for a beer oneday. That would be the very excellent pioneer museum at Corrigin....better known for the "dog in the ute" biz. The museum is practically run by a couple of old timers and a few donations. http://www.corrigin.wa.gov.au/doginaute
Yes. He's used all the other excuses. Mrs. Squizzy is demanding some new ones... :yup