Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Qc.

Vincewrx ยท 2023-06-11 21:44

Hi everyone, I've been following this forum for a while but now it's time to join the club! I have always been impressed with the knowledge of the members here. My newest project is a case 580C with a spun rod bearing, something I want to rebuild to work on a woodlot. Thank you all!

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612023-06-12 05:32

    Welcome to HEF Vincewrx ! Post lots of pictures of the rebuild. We crave pictures

  2. #2CM19952023-06-12 19:45

    Welcome to the Forums VW! Glad to have you. Where is Qc?

  3. #3Vincewrx2023-06-12 21:59

    Thank you! Qc is for Quebec, Canada.

  4. #4Coaldust2023-06-13 02:36

    Hello Vincewrx, Good to have you on the HEF! Keep us updated on your progress.

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-07-08 16:42

    Welcome to HEF, Vincewrx ! How is the 580C project going ??

  6. #6Vincewrx2023-07-08 23:35

    Thanks! It's going slowly, but the engine is now removed. What I've found so far is a rod bearing has completely disappeared... Hope the crankshaft is salvageable. I still believe it will be a nice piece of equipment when repaired. I really like how those older machine are easy to work on.

  7. #7funwithfuel2023-07-09 06:00

    A late welcome from the people's republic of Illinois. Welcome