Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from SWPA

DirtWorx76 · 2020-07-18 23:27

Hello all, Names Brian from Waynesburg PA ( Just south of Pittsburgh. ) Just bought an 04 JD CT 322 with 3400 hours. In pretty good shape til last night when the right side decided to just want to move on its own. So im trouble shooting...Ive been a coal miner for almost 20 years and i cant stand it anymore. It's time to do something else..Cant depend on the mines. I know I may not make the same as I once did. But if I can make enough just to pay a few bills and raise my sons..Im good with that. Hope to meet others out there trying something new career wise and gain as much knowledge on my machine as possible. cheers

Replies18
  1. #1CM19952020-07-19 00:34

    Welcome to the Forums DirtWorx!

  2. #2funwithfuel2020-07-19 07:04

    Welcome. You're in the right place.

  3. #3digger242j2020-07-19 08:06

    Welcome to HEF, Brian. I'm up here on the other side of Da Burgh, in Beaver County. And funwithfuel is right. You'll find lots of good people here, and lots of good advice.

  4. #4redneckracin2020-07-19 13:12

    Welcome to the forum I'm up by 80 but i used to work in the mines down your way! I'd never go back but it was a cool experience.

  5. #5CaseFan132020-07-19 20:02

    Welcome to the forums man. I’m not too far from you, we’re just outside of Connellsville.

  6. #6DirtWorx762020-07-19 20:42

    CASEFAN13 No way! If you need an experienced Operator let me know lol.. Your a LOT closer then driving to Mannington wv everyday. l Use to ride to Blue Hole in Connellsvile on a regular..Love that place. Hope it's still there I havent been in 10+ years. great swimming spot. I worked for Murray Energy and due to Bankruptcy I Just got laid off..If i can make enough to get by bills wise iI would be ecstatic. ..Ive done my time. Went underground after my son was born. Then when I came out. Hes was riding ATV's at 12. Ive done my 100 hour weeks for years..I Might go back just long enough to get a few attachments lol.. Ive been a roof bolter for 15 years then went foreman for 3. I'd Love to be done. Id like to have a low GPM Denis Cmaf forestry head though lol.. i think Cmaf got his **** together over Fecon. Seem so user friendly. Everything is replaceable on the machine... Bearings etc. Thanks for the welcome fellas I do appreciate it.. Funny ****. I ordered the book for my machine.. 200 bucks new.. Then Just FOUND THE SAME ONE IN THE BACK OF THE SEAT. lol..Have a beer..Kick back and enjoy humility. thanks again!

  7. #7funwithfuel2020-07-19 20:44

    That's the spirit! Roll with it, laugh about it and have a good time. You only get one ticket for this ride.

  8. #8DirtWorx762020-07-19 20:53

    I just want front row seats and No barf bag Funwithfuel...Everyones gonna enjoy this ride lol

  9. #9Tyler d4c2020-07-19 21:18

    I'm up by johnstown but my day job involves going down there to some mines what mine you work at?

  10. #10CaseFan132020-07-19 21:27

    You might already know this but if you get into any jobs where you need any pipe/fabric/erosion control, Producers Supply is an awesome supplier with great prices and free delivery on most everything.

  11. #11DirtWorx762020-07-19 22:14

    I was a foreman at Harrison County also known as Robinson Run when Consol owned it...@ Casefan Yea I Grad'd Waynesburg in 95 I know most of the people from Producers from High school..Good people. I worked at Bailey as a contractor then got hired to Bolt at Dana Mining's 4-west mine. When It closed I went to Mcelroy now called Marshall County Coal Company.. Then Harrison.. Good people down there..It's like the farther south I went..The better the work ethic.. Dana will always be home though... it was 60 inches to 25ft.. you just never knew what the roof was gonna do when if or when it fell. ..But The men I worked with were the craziest most professional and dedicated SOB's ive ever known in my life.. True story.

  12. #12Tyler d4c2020-07-19 22:41

    You dont happen to remember Alan levernight he was down Robinson run then moved up bailey. Hes my uncle.

  13. #13DirtWorx762020-07-19 22:54

    I was at Camp run for over a year til we moved Portals to 7North.. It's on the backside of mannington about 15 miles. I knew an Alan. But Hes was probably there before my time.

  14. #14Tyler d4c2020-07-19 23:17

    How did you get to know him hes big in to buying and selling gold carts of all things

  15. #15DirtWorx762020-07-19 23:18

    i knew a dude named alan.. not sure if it was him or not.

  16. #16Tyler d4c2020-07-19 23:20

    Him you couldn't miss giant fella kinda shrek like but just not green he was normally a beltman

  17. #17DirtWorx762020-07-19 23:21

    theres a LOT of Shrek lookin fellas..We all are black down there and its always midnight shift lol

  18. #18Tyler d4c2020-07-19 23:26

    That's true musta been a different alan then you known hes about un forgetable