Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from WI

Creuzin ยท 2014-08-17 16:04

I'm a new member here and looking for advice on a dozer.. I am a farmer and would like to purchase a smaller dozer, but would like it to at least pay its own way, maintenance and depreciation. as I would probably only use it on my own property maybe 50 hrs a year probably less in future years as my projects will be done. What I am wondering is how hard it would be to find some small jobs throughout the year. Either by posting an add on craigslist or by talking to other contractors and helping out if they need it. I am thinking about purchasing a case 550 g that I found for sale. Thanks in advance. And I already have a truck to pull it so that is not a concern other than the fact it has farm plates on it.

Replies1
  1. #1fixou8122014-08-27 20:57

    Last newbie I ran into bought one from a Nice farmer. He delivered it. When he drove it to the back fourty one track fell off. I couldn't start it to put the track back on because the batteries were ten years old. Also hand primer was sucking air. it's still sitting two minutes from where it was delivered. Buyer beware Fixo