Hi everyone, I just joined and excuse my poor grammer. I'm A Mechanic in the USAF ive been doing it for about 5 years. I really enjoy fixing vehicles and understanding how things work but im ready too leave the military. I'm at Nellis AFB Las Vegas right now but I separate from the military in November. I was wondering how the heavy equipment repair field is doing and how hard is it to find a job? im working on my ASE Certs right now as well. I have experience on a lot of machinery. any help is appreciated thank you.
Ase does not mean anything in the heavy equipment field. It just shows you can take a test. If your knowledgeable with computers I don't think you would have a hard time. Best of luck.
Garemo456, first off thank you for your service. Secondly, not knowing what type of equipment you have been wrenching on in the air force I can say that usually military work experience does not translate well to commercial civilian work experience (at least to most employers). If you are a hard worker and want a job, you will find one in the industry. Tech school and a decent tool kit (both cost money) would also put a feather in your cap...maybe you have earned military educational benefits that you could use for tech school? Regardless, there is, and will probably continue to be a shortage of trained and skilled workers in this country for a long time to come. Good Luck! Regards, Bob
Garemo, Peterson Cat has a special program for hiring vets, this would be my first call. Go to Petersoncat.com look for there hiring page and put in an aplication. They have tons of positions open up and down the west coast.....TIO