Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! 1996 Cat 416b Backhoe Hydraulic Pump Vibration

prgavin ยท 2016-06-25 22:56

Hi Guys I have a cat 416b 5,000 hrs i have just noticed a good vibration in cab. I looked at the Hydraulic Pump and its really shaking back and forth.... I don't think thats normal. Everything is working normally backhoe and front bucket....a little lack in power but big vibration. any thoughts? Thank you in advance

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2016-06-26 04:36

    if this happened suddenly as opposed to having got worse gradually over time the first thing I would suggest is to change the hydraulic system filter, then cut the old one apart and look for signs of metal right in the bottom of the pleats of the filter material.

  2. #2Cmark2016-06-26 04:51

    As well as what Nige suggests, have a look at the pump drive, pump mounts and engine mounts to check that nothing has collapsed and is putting the pump out of alignment with the engine.

  3. #3Jomorisn12017-12-24 12:52

    I had front engine mount break causing miss alignment it ruined the pump shaft and the coupling I found aftermarket pump and coupling for alot less then Cat and everything fit properly and works fine