Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP 580 ck oils, where and what?

artieb ยท 2012-05-25 12:37

I'm trying to figure out what my 1966-71 Case 580ck with hyd shuttle, uses for trans oil, shuttle oil, and diff., are they the same? I want to replace all the fluids, and trying to be sure I get them all drained, and refilled. Which I don't know wheather to use AW32, AW68 or whatever is needed.

Replies5
  1. #1artieb2012-05-25 20:21

    I have 4 fluids. 1) rear diff= gear lube, 2) shuttle = hy-trans, 3) power steering = hy-trans, and 4) loader / backhoe = hyd. oil or hy-trans. What does the loader / backhoe oil do in the shuttle?

  2. #2sheepfoot2012-05-25 21:42

    The 580ck takes 11 gal loader and backhoe TCH fluid, power/steering 1 Qt TCH, rear end with differential 135-H EP fluid 17 Qt, Torque tube TCH fluid 16 Qt. The hy-tran will work in the p/s, hyd system, torque/shuttle, and the rear end uses a SAE 85/140 API GL5 gear lube. Hy-tran like tch is a blend that will work in the trans systems/hyd systems/converter systems, with clutch packs that need extra additives unlike a straight say 10 wt hyd oil which would burn up most clutch pack systems. The loader/backhoe fluid is in the frame and does not mix with the shuttle.

  3. #3stumpjumper832012-05-26 06:58

    Atrieb, I would advise you to be sure that you put tch in the tranny. Hytran is close but different and not at all what should be in there.

  4. #4Tinkerer2012-05-26 07:46

    Here are a couple of links with oil characteristic information. http://www.viscosityoil.com/hy-tran.htm http://www.viscosityoil.com/tch_hydraulic_fluids.htm

  5. #5Tony H2013-10-24 14:20

    Tinkerer, would you consider TCH to be better than Hytran.. what I mean is , Stumpjumper Says Hytran is close to TCH but not quite. Could I use TCH in my Hydra trni that calls for Hytran? Looking at the very brief Specs in those Luinks above.. seems like TCH is a 'Better than' fluid.