Hello, desperately asking for any help trying to identify this boom assembly. Our company acquired this TL1255D boom assembly , The problem is we dont know what the serial number of the machine that it was removed from therefore we cant really identify what series s/n it will fit , It looks like a different configuration where the main pin goes (see Picture) than any other TL1255 Boom we have seen. I have attached a picture of a diagram of the TL1255 boom with the pin hole in the bottom the picture of the one we have shows the pin hole towards the top as can be seen in pic with it circled in red , if anyone can provide any information as to why or what this boom is configured like this.. (Is this a european configuration) any information or help would be greatly appreciated. serial
I would look for part number stamped on piece with boom pins in some one could probably check the npr and come up with serial number of what it fits
I looked it over well from the outside (havent taken boom apart) and i am not seeing any part number stamped
Do you have any better photos of the bottom end of the boom.?
do any of them help?
They make things a bit clearer but not much help unfortunately. Without a Cat Part Number from somewhere on the boom assembly it's hard to go much further. Certainly the location of the boom foot pin bore is strange compared to anything in the JLG/Cat TH product line. I'm wondering if it just might be a non-Cat component painted and stickered up to look like one.?
I've been studying this I 'm getting to believe It is off a very early one possible made by djb (where the articulated trucks came from)
i would have to agree,, it looks more like a 514 telehandler boom than a 1255 , i am wondering if someone didnt pull a fast one and just put stickers for the TL1255 on a different boom
I think you might be on to something there. Check out the small cross-beam at the lower end on the top side of the boom. To be fair this one does not have the cylinder on top of the boom though, unless it's for some sort of attachment.
Check the cylinder and pins for part number might get lucky
Looking again at the cylinder on top of the boom in the OP it appears to be for operating the 4th section which I assume is an attachment.
The photo above is of a Cat TH103 BTW. Here is a LINK to a copy of the Cat specs document.
thank you , it looks partially like it however it doesnt have the cylinder on the top?
I mentioned that above. The boom in your photos has 4 sections. The standard boom for these machines is 3 sections using a single hydraulic cylinder and a chain system to extend/retract the boom. My assumption is that the 4th section on your boom is operated by the cylinder on the top. It would not surprise me if your boom is somewhat of a special and as such might have a limited market. Take a close look at the hydraulic cylinder mounted on top of the boom. There should be a Part Number tag fixed to it somewhere, usually it is at the top end.
boom open https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlS22Qqw3pJH5-N0oZiSJF7ACzSwAMIB/view?usp=drive_link
more pics of TL1255 boom
any info would be appreciated no numbers stamped on any of the sections
No numbers on the hydraulic cylinder on top of the boom.?
No numbers on cylinder or boom sections we extended the boom and looked pver each section... only numbers are stamped in main boom V5466 and written in white marking pen is D17.1 .. that may be left from auction house where owner bought this boom assembly..Thank You
Sorry, without any numbers to track down I'm fresh out of ideas. I still have the feeling that is is a special boom of some sort, but no way of proving it.