Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help building jib crane hoyst

trombeur · 2018-02-02 11:53

hello, sorry if you are bothered, for a garage placed heavy machinery maintenance we wanted to set up and install a jib crane with swivel arm, height measures under hook 3 meters, jib boom length 3 meters reach 500 kg, you would have some advice, how to make the hinge rotation? we can anchor it in reinforced concrete column size 55x 55 cm without installing support column, what do you recommend, thank you for your precious time and your cooperation

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042018-02-02 12:22

    I have seen it built 2 ways: Large 2-bolt pillow block bearings; and pipe bored out to hold the outer race of tapered roller bearings (think truck wheel bearings)

  2. #2Impact2018-02-02 13:42

    I built one in my shop. It is in a steel building and I rely on the building to support the top of the beam. I simply fabricated and used a large roller bearing at the floor and at top.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-02-02 17:27

    The one we had in my shop was bolted/welded to a sleeve that went over a LARGE round steel post & swiveled 360*..

  4. #4trombeur2018-02-03 04:17

    Grazie per le vostre testimonianze, se non chiedo troppo, non è che potreste allegare alcune immagini se possibile, mi scusi sapere che approfittate del vostro tempo prezioso e della vostra pazienza grazie ancora

  5. #5cranesafety2018-02-03 10:43

    I would highly recommend the system design be reviewed by a qualified engineer including review and analysis of the structural support (reinforced concrete column) for the thrust and pull forces to be applied. The top connection will be in tension and the bottom in compression. You don't want any stretch in these connection bolts or plumb alignment will change and swing may become uncontrollable or worse, the whole thing can come down. Rotation of a column mounted jib will provide about 200 degrees of swing. A catalog model for 1/2T @ 10'-0" Span w/ bracket centers at 3'-0" lists these thrust and pull forces at roughly 5,000#. One manufacturer can sell this model complete for under $1K US. Customers can also buy the fittings kit and build the crane with an "I"-beam acquired locally. This is a small price to pay for a proven, engineered design. The buyer still has responsibility for review of the supporting structure (column).

  6. #6trombeur2018-02-04 03:47

    grazie per i preziosi suggerimenti aggiuntivi che sicuramente farò tesoro, se qualche altro utente avesse dei suggerimenti, lo invito a intervenire grazie a quello successivo http://www.metabricoleur.com/t3985p75-une-potence-d-atelier

  7. #7mitch5042018-02-04 04:31

    thanks for the precious additional suggestions that I will surely treasure, if any other user has suggestions, I invite him to intervene thanks to the next one